Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

podcast language problem

podcast language problem

i live in spain and i have a spanish premium account.

as i am german the language of the spotify app is german on my ipad and my imac.

but the podcast section only shows spanish podcasts instead of german podcasts.

how can i change that or is it a bug ?

13 Replies

Hey, @spamstuff 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Your Spotify app is in German on your iPad and iMac because probably your both devices are running in German too, so the app follows the main language of the OS. About the podcasts, you're seeing Spanish podcasts on the sections, because, as you live in Spain, your account country is set as Spain, so you'll receive suggestions based on your musical taste and your "place" as well. More information about country settings here:

Ultimately, I recommend that you save your favorite podcasts and songs/playlists/albums/artists and Spotify will understand it and hopefully, recommend content based on it. But have in mind that the country you live in will continue interfering with the suggestions you receive. 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I live in Switzerland and I face the same problem, I don't speak German nor French (I'm from the Italian speaking part), I get only suggestion for podcasts in German, all menus and emails are in German (on the website), I don't speak German!

Could you please add a language selector that actually does what it is supposed to do?

I agree! I am learning the language for the country I am in, but I have now lost access to the content I was happy to pay for... this is not supposed to be an effortful service - I'm not paying for a service that requires me to work for my leisure...

Same for me. Please by all means, prioritize the chosen language over the place of residence on podcast selection. Of course you may mix in local content, but not exclusively. The way it is designed right now, the podcast section is completely useless for an immigrant or temporary resident not fluent in the local language.

This behavior already greatly annoyed me on the competitors (e.g. G....e and A....n), which encouraged me to switch to Spotify Premium. Now I'm facing the same or similar issues here. I'm afraid A...e, and most other large content providers, are equally ignorant to customer choices.

I have the same problem. Not only on Spotify, but on Netflix, Amazon, HBO etc.

For most of the companies, "one country" = "one language".

This is not a bug, this is an idiotic view of the world, stemming from a congenital racism. 

I tried changing the country in my profile, it's not working, I also need to change my credit card.

Well, looks like everything can be tracked down to racism these days?

End of irony.

Language has nothing to do with race. It's Culturism then (if such a word even exists).

I totally agreee that it's a customer-unfriendly design and needs to be amended. UX issues are bugs as well!

So yeah apparently you can't browse podcasts that are in a language different the country you are in.

There should be an option to browse based on podcasts' language.

Hey @Amer_

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

At the moment, this option is not available. However, other users also think this would be a good idea. In this case, you can add your +VOTE and Subscribe to this thread. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey, @luan, your answer is more or less right :
WRONG : the country setting is NOT based on the place you live, BUT where the credit card you use was issued. I live in Germany, and have a French credit card : I can't have "by default" German Podcast (which is OK in my case).
RIGHT : Spotify algorithms are learning : AI
Bye

Same for me. 

I can not find English learning podcasts. I live in Ukraine.

Hey @mikako2022,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Podcasts are currently not available in Ukraine. Our content team is working hard to provide the full Spotify library in every country, but we don't have official info when or if Podcasts will be made available there.

Hope this info clears things up.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

You never answered to the swiss people. There is 4 language in this country and you show us only German podcasts. This ain't so hard to let us filter the language we want. Please do something or at least answer to us. 

Hey there @OlivRrR,

We'd suggest taking a look at the Idea, linked by @Novy 🙂
It is still being monitored and is open for voting, so you may leave a Like to show your support.
Tip: Subscribing to the thread would also help you stay on top of any new updates!
Thank you for your feedback!
Cheers!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts