NEXT STEP

possible scam?

possible scam?

Plan

Premium

Country

Us

My Question or Issue

earlier today I recieved an email from Spotify stating that my account had been logged into from Germany and that If it wasn’t me I needed to change my password so I followed the link and changed it. After changing my password my account now says it’s a free account and all my playlists are gone. Spotify says they can’t find my email in their database and need a payment reference number to look up my account. Has anyone had this happen? I don’t want to give out any sort of payment information that could be traced back to my bank account unless I know this is really Spotify and not some scammer. 

1 Reply

Hey @Reillyb1,

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for posting your question here. 

It'd be great for you to take a look at this support site article and read about how to assess whether any emails you received relating to Spotify are actually from Spotify.

In particular, you can forward the emails to spoof@spotify.com. The right team will investigate and let you know if the emails are legitimate.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts