Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[premium] Can't listen to newly released album (Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Mark)

[premium] Can't listen to newly released album (Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Mark)

Hi,

i've got premium subscription. Few days ago Nine Inch Nails released new album. I'm unable to play (stream or download for offline listening) any of their song. After hitting `Play' song-progress bar doesn't show position indicator or length of the song. Same issue on iPhone (with the most current iOS and Spotify) and Mac client.

I don't think it's a matter of availability in my country (Poland), because it's already available on iTunes.

Does anyone (Spotify Team) know how to get rid of this problem?

Thanks,
Lucas

7 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Could you post a link to the track so I can try it on my computer?

Liam

For example: http://open.spotify.com/track/18cL7KMZIjTVmHpnbOo6Q7 Ive red about quicktime issues on MacOSX but that would be strange to fail also on iOS where media engine is basically closed and impossible to modify. Thank you.

Strangely, those songs sometimes are playable with 50% success when hitting pause and then choosing `next song'. (on Mac OS X device)

Just out of interest since you mentioned iTunes, do you own the album or are you streaming it from Spotify? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No, i've just bought one song and listened to preview of the rest of an album. Strange thing. My iPhone now can play all of an album, after few attempts to `make songs offline' (i had red exclamation marks earlier). Now only desktop version can't play first song: http://open.spotify.com/track/1k2cX6g2VOCv05dmGKhiYr Maybe it have something to do with propagating new files on Spotify's CDN servers.

It's NOT working for me either. 
Spotify needs to fix this issues, clearly Users cannot LISTEN to Nine Inch Nails new album Hesitation Marks, REGARDLESS of Membership status. 

-1 for Spotify!

If you believe this is an issue with the content itself (if you can play other content normally), you can report it directly to the Spotify content team using the instructions outlined in this topic. Once you have submitted a query, the content team will investigate and then pass any needed details over to the record label to request a correction/change if needed (so it can take some time unfortunately!).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts