Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

premium

Solved!

premium

this is the worst website i have come across. i cant get a problem fixed because i cant talk to a person.if a real person can help i would be forever grateful. i have a premium account it is me and 2 family members. when i first got the account it worked for me and one family member. every time the other family member went to listen to their music she would knock him off, now when we try to listen to music me (the admin) will knock my son (1 family member) off leaving only one person able to listen to music. i do have the family premium. i have tried to replace 1 member using a different email address but it tells me that that person already has an account when it was a new email address (never was used brand new email) that i got before trying to replace the member. i have uninstalled spotify a number of times and reinstalled, i tried cancelling the account and getting a new account with a different new email (just created) and invited 1 family with a new email (just created) and it tells me that person is already a member. i have created 4 new email addresses that will never be used else where. HOW DO I GET ALL THREE OF US (ME AND 2 FAMILY MEMBERS) TO BE ABLE TO LISTEN TO MUSIC AT THE SAME TIME. we are using 1 ipod and 2 android phones

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello, @dirttechllc

Thanks for reaching out on the Spotify Community.

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing these issues. It is rare for this type of problem to occur, but let's try a few things to get the music flowing once again.

First, let's learn some facts about Premium for Family;

Premium for Family lets you get six separate Premium accounts (you plus up to 5 family members) with one discounted monthly subscription.

You and each of your family (at the same address) you invite will enjoy:

• Unlimited high-quality streaming access to over 30 millions songs
  • Play music without Internet connection
  • No ad interruptions
  • Travel abroad with your music

Note: Premium for Family is not eligible for promotions or for payment through Spotify gift cards. It's not possible to subscribe to Premium for Family with iTunes in-app payments.

Now, let's follow some simple instructions with registering a Family for Premium member on your account;

Invite a member

Only the administrator of the plan is able to invite a member. 

To invite someone to join one of the allotted subaccounts in your plan:

1. Go to your account page.
  2. Click MANAGE.
  3. Click on an available Empty Slot.
  4. Click INVITE MEMBER BY LINK or enter the e-mail of the person you want to invite. ClickSEND INVITE.
Change a member

Only the administrator of the plan can change a member.

1. Go to your account page.
  2. Click MANAGE.
  3. Click on the member you would like to change.
  4. Click CHANGE THIS MEMBER
  5. Click INVITE MEMBER BY LINK or enter the e-mail of the person you want to invite. ClickSEND INVITE.
Accept an invite

If you’ve received an email invitation to join Premium for Family, first of all, congratulations! Secondly, in the email, click ACCEPT INVITATION. Then:

• If you already have a Free or Spotify.com-created Premium account: the “Redeem token” web page will open in your browser with a long redeem token number pre-filled in Token. ClickREDEEM.
  • If you do not have a Spotify account: you will be led to create a Free level account. After doing so, click ACCEPT INVITATION again on the email and the “Redeem token” web page will open in your browser with a long redeem token number pre-filled in Token. Click REDEEM
  • If you have a Premium account created through any other company than Spotify: you will need to contact that company to cancel before signing up to Premium for Family. If your subscription is through iTunes, please see Apple's instructions for cancelling.

These instructions should get the music flowing for all Premium for Family members once again. In the rare event that the above procedures do not resolve the problem, please refer back here and we'll continue some troubleshooting.

Note: All Premium for Family members must be signed into the Spotify service with their private and unique login information. Signing in with the same account on multiple devices will interrupt listening for all users.

I would recommend signing up with the traditional registration and not Facebook to avoid potential issues with Premium for Family.

It has been a pleasure assisting with this question today.

Kind regards,

James

View solution in original post

11 Replies

@dirttechllc

If all members use the same login information in their devices, your music will cutoff like it has been happening to you.

Each family member has to have a separate username and password. So the first step is to create new accounts for each new member (if they haven't already).

I suggest creating it with an email address (not the one used for Facebook, if possible), since they'll be able to pick a Spotify username / password. Using Facebook will not let you do that, and that sometimes causes problems.

Each member will now have a Free account, so the next step is for them to join your Family plan through your account (You're the one who pays, so you'll be the Family Admin).

Send by yourself the link generated through INVITE MEMBER BY LINK, instead of letting the system send the mail.

Let them accept the invite logged in with their own username, and you'll be set. Each will be able to listen to music at the same time, and will have separate libraries, playlists and friends.
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hello, @dirttechllc

Thanks for reaching out on the Spotify Community.

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing these issues. It is rare for this type of problem to occur, but let's try a few things to get the music flowing once again.

First, let's learn some facts about Premium for Family;

Premium for Family lets you get six separate Premium accounts (you plus up to 5 family members) with one discounted monthly subscription.

You and each of your family (at the same address) you invite will enjoy:

• Unlimited high-quality streaming access to over 30 millions songs
  • Play music without Internet connection
  • No ad interruptions
  • Travel abroad with your music

Note: Premium for Family is not eligible for promotions or for payment through Spotify gift cards. It's not possible to subscribe to Premium for Family with iTunes in-app payments.

Now, let's follow some simple instructions with registering a Family for Premium member on your account;

Invite a member

Only the administrator of the plan is able to invite a member. 

To invite someone to join one of the allotted subaccounts in your plan:

1. Go to your account page.
  2. Click MANAGE.
  3. Click on an available Empty Slot.
  4. Click INVITE MEMBER BY LINK or enter the e-mail of the person you want to invite. ClickSEND INVITE.
Change a member

Only the administrator of the plan can change a member.

1. Go to your account page.
  2. Click MANAGE.
  3. Click on the member you would like to change.
  4. Click CHANGE THIS MEMBER
  5. Click INVITE MEMBER BY LINK or enter the e-mail of the person you want to invite. ClickSEND INVITE.
Accept an invite

If you’ve received an email invitation to join Premium for Family, first of all, congratulations! Secondly, in the email, click ACCEPT INVITATION. Then:

• If you already have a Free or Spotify.com-created Premium account: the “Redeem token” web page will open in your browser with a long redeem token number pre-filled in Token. ClickREDEEM.
  • If you do not have a Spotify account: you will be led to create a Free level account. After doing so, click ACCEPT INVITATION again on the email and the “Redeem token” web page will open in your browser with a long redeem token number pre-filled in Token. Click REDEEM
  • If you have a Premium account created through any other company than Spotify: you will need to contact that company to cancel before signing up to Premium for Family. If your subscription is through iTunes, please see Apple's instructions for cancelling.

These instructions should get the music flowing for all Premium for Family members once again. In the rare event that the above procedures do not resolve the problem, please refer back here and we'll continue some troubleshooting.

Note: All Premium for Family members must be signed into the Spotify service with their private and unique login information. Signing in with the same account on multiple devices will interrupt listening for all users.

I would recommend signing up with the traditional registration and not Facebook to avoid potential issues with Premium for Family.

It has been a pleasure assisting with this question today.

Kind regards,

James

Looks like I'm having the same problem when my husband tries to listen to his music hey kick them off when I try to listen to my music and when I tried to invite him he clicks accept invitation and then sends him to the website under my credit card information so I have no idea if he's on the account or not if this is how it's going to be I want to cancel and get my money back

Hey @ckittles83

If all members use the same login information in their devices, your music will cutoff like it has been happening to you.

Each family member has to have a separate username and password, so the first step is to create new accounts for each new member (if they haven't already).

I suggest creating it with an email address (not the one used for Facebook, if possible), since they'll be able to get a Spotify username / password. Using Facebook will not let you do that.

Each member will now have a Free account, so the next step is for them to join your Family plan through your account (You're the one who pays, so you'll be the Family Admin).

Send the invites to the emails they used to create their accounts.

Let them accept the invite logged in with their own username in the app and in the website. They should make sure to type the address exactly as the Admin did when he created the Family Plan, and also be sure all Family members use the same Internet connection (Home network) regularly.

Each will be able to listen to music at the same time, and will have separate libraries, playlists and friends.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

My husband tried to accept my invite but when he does it says stay premium
he had his own spotify but i decided 15 for 5 is better then 10 for 1
So idk what to do for him

@ckittles83

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star

i have a premium account, I'm from the uk, currently working in Poland. Can't use my account, can't log in. Attempted a log in, everything is in polish. Don't really have time for this garbage, just want to know how to get access to my account so I can cancel and stop paying for this **bleep**. Any ideas, or do I just stop the payments via my bank??

Hey @Daviedots

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

My husband and I share a premium family account.  We have a google home hub, and 2 iphones that we are using.  The google home hub is linked to spotify through my husbands gmail account info.  His Iphone has a long username that is unique to hom that logs him in and I have my own unique log in.  We cannot listen individually on our devices simutaneously.  When he tries from the google home hub and I am listening on my phone out of the house, we cut each other off.  Very frustrating! What do you think I should do?  Thanks!

Hi

I am having this issue currently only affects me and my youngest daughter - both of us are logged in on seperate accounts - i removed her and the app then re invited her logged her in etc - when I go to work im listening - shes on the way to school but shes changing my song and vice versa - i cant seem to find a fix - family premium plan theres 4 of us its only happening to us two 😞

I am so disappointed that there is no customer service number to help with
this. What is the point of having the family plan if we can listen
separately at the same time?

Suggested posts