Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

problem with changing email/password

problem with changing email/password

Hello Spotify-Community, 

I have a kinda little issue. I do not know my password and the current connected email address does not exist anymore (really old).

In a little more detail: My spotify account used to be connected to facebook, so i logged in with facebook and used the facebook password. I didnt look into my account details for years and a few weeks ago i deleted facebook and removed the connection from spotify.

Afterwards i saw that the used emailaddress is a really old email address that was filled in by facebook which was replaced by a new one in facebook, but apperantly never in spotify, so password recovery is a no go now.

Luckely my device is still logged into my account otherwise i wouldnt be able to login.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

What should i do now?

With regards,

Wietse

8 Replies

first of all, ridge password reboot ant then your email address (current) in the zone  from reset password. 

afterwards,  you connected  a your email address, then click on email for reboot the password and changing your email address on your account.

Hello leboeufflorian,

Thank you for your answer, but unfortunatly  i do not have access to my old email, and my new email is not accepted as a valid emailaddress.

So no luck there.

Bump, Anyone?

have you thought about creating another email address?

with this email address, you can reset the password.

Hi Flolebo, 

Thank you for your reply, but what do you mean? i need to fill in my password to change the email, which i do not have, because it was linked to Facebook.

With regards,

Wietse

you will create another email address but not the one you already have.

with this new email address, will be used to reset your password

When your page is open you will be able to change your old email address which will be replaced by your new email address.

I have the same problem.

I can't change the e-mail address without a password, which I can't remember.

I don't have access to the old e-mail any more, so I can't reset the password.

What do I do?

you will create another email address but not the one you already have.

When your page is open you will be able to change your old email address which will be replaced by your new email address.

Suggested posts