Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

question about sharing on facebook

question about sharing on facebook

So, I was successful in creating a new Spotify account, with just an email address! (per this post) - yay! The option to have an account on my terms really makes me happier to pay y'all every month. =D

Now, I have a question about the mobile app, with regards to sharing songs or playlists. Is sharing something on Facebook the same as linking your Spotify account to that Facebook account? I assume it is not but I don't want to try it and find out that assumption was wrong! 

In other words, I want to confirm t hat sharing something on Facebook, from a non-FB-linked Spotify account, would only happen when I initiated it, rather than spamming all my friends, all the time, with stories? And that sharing with FB doesn't install the FB spotify app in your FB account?

Thanks!

1 Reply

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community. To share something on Facebook, you will need to connect your Spotify and Facebook accounts. You should get this option when you try and share a song/album/playlist.

If you'd like to disconnect immediately after, that's fine. You'd just need to head to your 'Preferences' menu ('Edit' on Windows, 'Spotify' on a Mac).

However, if you would like to stay connected, you can make sure your friends aren't 'spammed'. It's totally up to you what you share. You can change these sharing options from the 'Preferences' menu I mentioned before .
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts