Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"32 days remaining of your trial" immediately after premium purchase

Solved!

"32 days remaining of your trial" immediately after premium purchase

Both iPhone and iPad placed a black bar at the top of the screen stating "32 days remaining of your trial". This appeared immediately after purchasing the premium plan. How do I remove it? It's eating up precious screen real estate.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had this as well. There isn't a fix for it yet, but, mine went away after the second scheduled payment. Rather annoying, but, it is what it is.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

For those of you still experiencing the issue, a fix should be out sometime in the near future.  Watch this space for updates. 

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Both iPhone and iPad placed a black bar at the top of the screen stating "32 days remaining of your trial". This appeared immediately after purchasing the premium plan. How do I remove it? It's eating up precious screen real estate.

Hey Amajameus- As your subscription has gone through successfully, you definitely shouldn't be seeing this message. 

I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this. Keep an eye on your inbox as I've just sent a response to the case you've opened. 

My desktop version acknowledges that I pad for a premium plan but my iPad has the black bar

with trial message. Help

Hi chicfa- Your Premium subscription has gone through as well. I'm sending you a personal email too so that we can confirm some details. 

iPhone still show this message after redeem premium code. How can I remove this?

Hi everyone - We're doing a bit of investigating as to why some of you are receiving this 'trial' message.

In the meantime, can you all please confirm you've upgraded to our lastest iOS app. You can find clean reinstall instructions below: 

1. Delete the Spotify application from your iPhone/iPad. To do this, press and hold the application until it hovers and then press the X symbol
2. Restart your iPad/iPhone
3. Install Spotify again from the AppStore

fireflies0907 - Just checked your account, everything does appear to be in working order, so this message appears to be nothing more than a cosmetic error. I'd imagine it's rather annoying, however. Our team of top men are taking a look at this.

I'll post here as soon as I have an update--thanks!

It can't remove the trial message )): I think the message appear because I redeem code while I still in trial time

I am having the same problem with the 'trial message' on my premium account.

the trial message only appear in few days, don't worry about it (:

Hello, I'm having this same problem with my Premium account. The payment has been confirmed but on my iPhone app I still get the black bar stating that I have 31 days left of the trial. Please help!

Marked as solution

I had this as well. There isn't a fix for it yet, but, mine went away after the second scheduled payment. Rather annoying, but, it is what it is.

Bummer... But oh well guess I can live with that. Thanks for the quick reply!

Same problem here.

I now have a message at the top stating my trial period has ended.  I'm still an active paying account, linked to facebook.

Is anyone from Spotify interested in fixing this problem?  It's ridiculous. 

Some folks have confirmed the error to be cosmetic.  Can you stream tracks on your mobile device or sync offline playlists?

If no, could we get you to unsubscribe and resubscribe?

Our payment devs are currently looking into the issue yet many folks have been able to resolve the issue by resubscribing. 

Marked as solution

For those of you still experiencing the issue, a fix should be out sometime in the near future.  Watch this space for updates. 

The fix is out.  Let us know if you're still having problems. 

Suggested posts