Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Close my account' link broken.

"Close my account' link broken.

Hello.

I want to delete my account due to the severely unwanted changes to the service. However the e-mail closure link doesn't work. The address is invalid.

Is there any other way I can get my account and data deleted other than by clicking the link in the e-mail?
5 Replies

Hi there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out. For security reasons, account closure must be confirmed via the link sent to your email.  If th email address is no longer valid, you can try and update it from the account page. If the link is missing from the email, make sure the inline messages have been allowed and downloaded. If you open the link but it doesn't work, try opening it in an incognito window.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Joan, thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do on my side to fix a broken link.

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for getting back to us and apologies for any confusion created on our end.

If the link doesn't work on your end, we'd suggest that you go through the steps again and choose the contact CS option. Screenshot for visibility below:

Hope this helps. Take care 🙂 

LyubkaModerator

Hi Lybuka, thanks for your reply!

I've contacted support and got my account closed. 
Could you point me towards the right direction regarding my community account as well? I would also like to have this account and its data deleted. Thanks!

Hi there @user-removed 

From the top right of the Community page, click on your name, then go to "My Settings" and then choose the options "Close Account". You can go directly to that from here.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts