Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Log in failed"

Solved!

"Log in failed"

I am entering the correct information on my GEAR S2 smartwatch on the spotify app and its saying login failed?  i tried logging in via facebook and spotify, neither worked. "log in failed"  thats it. what the **bleep**.  i pay for premium. why wont it work

29 Replies

No, you will use the spotify password for devices.

I myself created my spotify account using facebook, though the inability to log on using my facebook login data seemed to be a known bug.

Now to the solution.

To actually being able to log on to spotify on my gear fit 2 pro, i had to use a device- username already provided to me on the spotify webpage via 'select device-password'.

To use this option you first need to generate a password by letting an email being sent to you.

This specific option is buggy in the german version of the spotify webpage, but it worked with this link: 

https://www.spotify.com/at/account/set-device-password/

Now all you have to do is open the email, set a password and then you should be able to log into your gear fit 2 pro spotify app using the 'spotify login' together with your device-username and password.

It actually took me really long to figure this one out and sadly the support is barely existing, buti hope i could potentially save someone else's time by posting this.

Make sure WiFi is on and connected, on your watch. Once WiFi is connected, login with regular username and password. Spotify won't try logging in over Bluetooth only .

You can indeed bypass the Facebook and Spotify login but you NEED to login on your Watch to change the Spotify setting Playback from Remote to WiFi otherwise I cant stream my music directly to my paired headphones. How I'm stuck with Remote, so through my phone which sucks. I tried the trick with the device login and password, all to no avail. Getting pretty desperate as it's the reason I bought it for.  What am I doing wrong? 

THANK YOU this worked. Nearly threw my watch under a passing car, luckily you averted this and my sanity has returned as much as it ever will. Thank you and good work!

I can't set an email  so it seems that I have to cancel my account . After years still the same problems, sry Spotify  that's a no go. 

Where do you find the alternative email address for login? Spotify web? What is that, and how do I find it? Thanks in advance

ESA ES LA SOLUCION

I have a Facebook Spotify account how can i log in now in my gear s3 do i need to Go Login by Facebook or by Spotify? And what is the username by Facebook?

On Gear S3, could not connect over Bluetooth, I turned Bluetooth off, connected over WiFi & then I could connect using my user ID & password.  I don't believe the app is Bluetooth friendly

Suggested posts