Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Offline access for this device has been withdrawn"?

"Offline access for this device has been withdrawn"?

I need to know how to fix this. :'^( I restarted it and stuff, but that's the most troubleshooting I'm capable of. 

5 Replies

Are you trying to store offline songs on all your devices? If so, Spotify will only allow you to store offline songs on 3 devices, with a maximum of 3,333 songs on each device.

Are you trying to download songs for offline access on more than 3 devices?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm trying to store it on two devices; my phone and my laptop, the laptop being the problematic device. 

If it's of any relevance, my laptop has been broken for a few months and was only recently fixed. It's also not wirelessly connected to WiFi and has had connection problems recently, but my internet is working fine. This is the first time I've encountered this error. 

I think what happened, is that when your laptop got fixed, somehow the cache folder that stores all the songs for offline use got cleared. 

Spotify has to connect to the Internet at least once every 30 days to keep the songs downloaded for offline use. Otherwise the mesage "Offline access for this device has been withdrawn" will show and you will have to redownload your playlists.

My suggestion is to redownload all the playlists you want to use offline. Then see if you are still having problems.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Seems to be the case. it still isn't downloading most of them, though. Maybe it's just taking a while because of my internet. The only one that's downloaded so far only has 5 songs, but it's a start. I'll wait and see if any more of them download.

Yes, it can take a while to download them all.

Post back if you are still having trouble, and I'll see what I can do to help. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts