Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Playing From Playlist" random letters (Username) instead of Profile Name

Solved!

"Playing From Playlist" random letters (Username) instead of Profile Name

I have recently made an account to reset my DW and I asked that 3 playlists be transferred from my old account. My new account username is random letters, whereas the profile name I set to "SoopaDoop" without the 1 (as seen here)

When I look at a playlist (let's say titled ExamplePlaylist), I see ExamplePlaylist BY SOOPADOOP

When I press a song to play in that playlist on my Android phone and head to the controls (previous, play, skip) window, I see

PLAYING FROM PLAYLIST

ExamplePlaylist by jdjahfdjafhdjhfjjfhgaj (not my actual username in this example)

How can I get the controls window to show "ExamplePlaylist by SoopaDoop" - I find the username use here jarring

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Pixel 3

Operating System

Android Pie

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @SoopaDoop1,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community about this!

In this case, it's not currently possible to change the username you see appearing in the Now Playing view to your chosen display name. However, if this is something you'd like to see differently in the future, we'd recommend heading over to our Ideas Exchange and posting it here.

Also, if you'd like more information on how the Ideas Exchange works, make sure to head here. Keep in mind that we are actively bringing your votes and comments in the exchange to our internal teams on a regular basis so your feedback is appreciated.

On another note, there's a newer version of the app available. To make sure you're rocking that latest version, we'd suggest following the steps here.

Hope this helps clarify things!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi @SoopaDoop1,

Help's arrived. When you sign up for a Spotify account, you now have the option to set a display name instead of a username giving you the ability to use spaces and emojis in your name if you wish! There's some more info on this over here.

In place of usernames, you now have an automatically generated 25-character string. This definitely shouldn't be showing on Android when you're playing tracks from playlists though. Could you check if doing a clean reinstall of Spotify helps here?

Let me know!

Clean reinstall didn't help - please see images below - white cutouts to not display full playlist name or username

Playlist says by SoopaDoop: https://imgur.com/7FH7I7H

Playing from Playlist say 'Playlist' by username: https://imgur.com/gpZp9B6

Awesome, thanks for the screenshots @SoopaDoop1!

Could you let me know what version of Spotify you're rocking? You can find this under Your Library > the cog in the top-right > scroll to About

Version: 8.4.89.515

Marked as solution

Hey there @SoopaDoop1,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community about this!

In this case, it's not currently possible to change the username you see appearing in the Now Playing view to your chosen display name. However, if this is something you'd like to see differently in the future, we'd recommend heading over to our Ideas Exchange and posting it here.

Also, if you'd like more information on how the Ideas Exchange works, make sure to head here. Keep in mind that we are actively bringing your votes and comments in the exchange to our internal teams on a regular basis so your feedback is appreciated.

On another note, there's a newer version of the app available. To make sure you're rocking that latest version, we'd suggest following the steps here.

Hope this helps clarify things!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I have submitted the idea - but honestly, it is more of a bug than an "idea"

Suggested posts