Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Restart" my spotify

Solved!

"Restart" my spotify

I was sharing my spotify with my dad before I made him his own account.  Now I want to make it so that it is like I have never used it so that I can have my reccomendations on Discover not reflect what he listened to.  I can not find a way to "restart" Spotify.  Can I do this or am I just going to have to deal with the reccomendations until they phase out?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @kitcat1107

If you're  looking to start recommendations from fresh, the best thing you could do would be set up a new account. Not even support can really reset an account.

If you would rather not do this, I'd recommend removing all saved songs/albums from Your Music, and Playlists. Over time, Spotify will learn your new music tastes and suggest music a bit more to your tastes.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I was sharing my spotify with my dad before I made him his own account.  Now I want to make it so that it is like I have never used it so that I can have my reccomendations on Discover not reflect what he listened to.  I can not find a way to "restart" Spotify.  Can I do this or am I just going to have to deal with the reccomendations until they phase out?

Thanks.

Marked as solution

Hey @kitcat1107

If you're  looking to start recommendations from fresh, the best thing you could do would be set up a new account. Not even support can really reset an account.

If you would rather not do this, I'd recommend removing all saved songs/albums from Your Music, and Playlists. Over time, Spotify will learn your new music tastes and suggest music a bit more to your tastes.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts