Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it" HELP?

Solved!

"This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it" HELP?

So, I had a new computer at work and re-downloaded Spotify - I have a premium account that I pay for in full every month and have a ton of music in my own song library. 

However, since I re-downloaded it yesterday I am now getting this message every time I try to play a song on my own playlists, general playlists or any songs at all!

Can anyone help?

Thanks 🙂

24 Replies

I have the same problem.

This isn't a solution, especially when it tries to auto update and then it doesnt work again.

you are the man/woman thank you very much 🙂

Glad to hear everyone's happy 🙂

So what is the solution? Why is this happening? Spotify seems to want to play only the tunes that are already on my computer in iTunes.

It's forcing us to upgrade?  I don't want to upgrade, and now none of my playlists will play.  Now I just get the message that this song is not on file, blah blah blah.  Well, it WAS there.  What happened to it?

Is spotify looking at this? Downgrading fixed the problem but is not a solution, it's been months since this issue first cropped up on these boards. 

This worked for me:

Could we just confirm if you're still experiencing this on your Windows PC.

If so, could you please restart your computer, make sure Windows is up to date and then give Spotify another try. If you're still running into the same issue, try these steps:

1. Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar located at the bottom right of the screen and select Playback Devices from the context menu.
  2. Select the current playback device in use and by default it should be the speakers. Double-click on it to open its properties window.
  3. Go to Advanced section and change the bit rate to either of the following - 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz - depending on the speaker configuration.

If the issue is still unresolved, try this:

1. Launch Start Menu, search for Device Manager and then launch it.
  2. Expand Sound and audio devices.
  3. Right-click on the current sound driver and choose uninstall.
  4. Finally, click on Scan for hardware changes and the updated driver will be automatically installed.

That's it. Your computer speakers should now be able to play sound normally. If the sound is still not working, then try downloading and installing the latest sound card drivers for Windows 10 from the manufacturer's website.

This worked for me! But Spotify should really fix this problem. What's the point of upgrading to the current version if it won't play songs!! UGH

It did work!  THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Downloading the old version worked for me!

Yes, it works great.  UNTIL Spotify decides to "upgrade" the next time you start your PC.  Is there a way to defeat the auto-upgrade?  I haven't found a way to do so, yet.

This worked for me!

It's a good solution! Thanks.

Thank you for your advice, but this does not work.

i also have the same situation. reinstal 3 time already. same arror still appeared. i'm using spotify premium account. really disappointed. desktop window7 pro 64bit

I just use the older version of Spotify and now it works.

I also have this issue on my mac. When are you going to provide a solution to this Spotify?

Where is the older version that works on a mac 10.12.3?

Not acceptable.

Suggested posts