Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"You are currently set to offline"

"You are currently set to offline"

Hi all, I am traveling internationally for a few weeks currently at my destination, I have downloaded thousands of songs for the trip, somehow Spotify has logged me out and I cannot log back in as I receive "You are currently set to offline" - is there a fix for this? 

Thank you,

8 Replies

Hey @crizstec!

Sorry to hear you are having an issue - let's work together to get this solved.

Just to confirm - are you currently logged out of Spotify? Also, could you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing, this will help me a lot!

Thanks,

Tom

Tom, thanks for the reply. It won't let me screenshot, later I will try take a picture from another device. Basically from the splash screen I hit logon, then enter my user name and password, it says "You are currently set to offline" then under "Please go online to connect to Spotify" with option to connect or cancel. Connect does nothing, it re-prompts the above.

I've tried rebooting device, VPN, etc . Please help I am out of the country for 3 weeks and downloaded about 12 gigs of music for offline, I can't even emphasize how much it will cost here to get again. I do have Internet but it's metered and expensive.

Thank you,

Thanks for getting back.

We usually send users to re-install Spotify - I completely understand that this is not what you want to do at all as you have downloaded all your music.

However, this is the only solution - I fully understand your frustration and wish I could offer another solution.

Best Regards,

Tom

Thanks Tom, that's very unfortunate, enough that most likely I will be cancelling my membership, unfortunately I've already paid to the end of the month, if you could send me a ticket number or request to engineering I would reconsider, what really saddens me is that upon further research this has been around for a while...

If I reinstall what happens to the music on my SD card? How do I clean that up?

Thanks,

Hi @crizstec,

I am sorry that you feel that way - I really wish there was more I could do for you, I completely understand that you don't want to re-install and I will pass this feedback onto the right folks.

In regards to the music on your SD card, when you uninstall the app they will be deleted, however, it's worth a shot to re-install and check if the music is still there.

However, as I said I am sorry you feel that way.

Best regards,

Tom

@TomLegend_W wrote:

However, this is the only solution

No - it's the only solution currently because Spotify don't deem fixing this a worthwhile investment of their time and money.

It's an obivous code regression, prioritise and fix.

Yup. Best thing we can do is motivate with our pocketbook. I know maybe losing one subscription for them isn't a big deal, but enough maybe they'll listen. I just cancelled. Going for 3 free months with Google play then probably the same with Amazon prime and see what I like best.

Hi @Awesome_Wells & @crizstec,

Thank you for your feedback - I will pass this onto to right folks.

However, at this moment in time, a re-install is the only solution. 

Best regards,

Tom

Suggested posts