Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"cream-id-mgmt" in approved applications

Solved!

"cream-id-mgmt" in approved applications

As the title says. Its in my account settings.

What is the "cream-id-mgmt" for?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks!

Thanks for your posts here! I've just got an update from the folks at Spotify. The app has been renamed to: 'Spotify Advertising Cookie' and the description has been updated to clarify what this is. Head to the Privacy Center for more information about your privacy.

Also, if you think your account has been accessed by someone else, head to this page on what to do next. Let me know if there's anything else.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Yeah, This happened to me, too.

I have no idea if it's meant to be there or not, but I would recommend getting rid of it, as It appeared the same time my account got hacked. 

Plus, the replies to this are dodgy af, are all negative, and have fake usernames and similar PFPs. (Found out as I was editing my account back you can only choose from a list, so ignore that)

I may be wrong, but I have a feeling my account will too, according to Spotify so far.

Managed to get the account back and I'm just cleaning stuff up.

Glad to hear someone else has this problem-

Update, I got slightly confused

There are no responds as I can see, and the people I were looking at are people that have "Me too"d it. That explains the dodgy names.

I thought they were calling you a "Newbie", but that's their community tag, I presume. (I'm completely new to this, so yeah-)

But that backs up my point, everyone that has this problem has had their accounts changed, including their username. So I'd recommend getting rid of it.

As I say, I'm not 100% sure, but it seems to be that so far.

I have, and nothing crucial has happened

Thank you, I've noticed the same thing and if Spotify doesn't answer or explain, that says it all. Revoking access

The same thing happened to me, and I had to revoke access 3 times, as it kept appearing again. Maybe it's a system thing, but for now I'll keep it away.

Alguém sabe que diabos é isso???

cream-id-mgmt 
cream-id-mgmt@spotify.com

Fica aparecendo nas aplicações aprovadas, eu removo e ele torna a aparecer, acredito q essa porcaria esteja ligada ao fato da minha conta estar sendo acessada indevidamente por outra pessoa...

Alguém sabe algo a respeito?

Just spoke to Spotify and apparently it’s extra security and a genuine Spotify app

Well then why is it controlling my music, changing songs to stuff I never listened to, connecting on remote web browsers**bleep**?

Yeah I just deleted it and it came back after refresh.  Good sign that it's Spotify.

Though they really should rename to like "Super protective awesome program plz don't delete we'll just put it back kthnx"

Hey folks! Thanks for posting here!

This definitely looks odd. I've asked the folks backstage to take a look here. I'll keep you posted when there's more info. Let me know if anything pops up in the meanwhile.

Thanks, keep rocking! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Not sure if it's really from Spotify, but I had this.

Recently my account had changed plans, unknown to me, to "Spotify for family" (for that extra $15, I would like it back please) with 4 other random people added to my account and started playing Russian music and Indian music. I do not remember ever approving of cream-id-mgmt, or cream-id-mgmt@spotify.com on my account, but it made its appearance after I recovered my account and logged and removed everyone out. I have revoked it, and next time if Spotify would like to install it, I would like to approve of it first. Hope Spotify would take a good look at this.

You a mf hacker.... your account was created today and just for this post...don’t listen to this guy delete the the cream I’d as soon as possible 

Marked as solution

Hey folks!

Thanks for your posts here! I've just got an update from the folks at Spotify. The app has been renamed to: 'Spotify Advertising Cookie' and the description has been updated to clarify what this is. Head to the Privacy Center for more information about your privacy.

Also, if you think your account has been accessed by someone else, head to this page on what to do next. Let me know if there's anything else.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Suggested posts