Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"e" before song title

Solved!

"e" before song title

I've noticed that if I'm not online, sings that I've downloaded to playlists that start with an e, don't play?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @leestjames,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

In this case the best solution will be to head here and contact our support team. The folks there can investigate this further and help you enjoy your favorite jams again.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @leestjames, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.

If you're still having trouble, let me know what device this happens on, as well as the current software version. Also, attach a screenshot or screen recording of what you’re seeing and I’ll take a closer look.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks so much for your reply Billy, I have force stopped Spotify, cleared the cache, deleted the app and reloaded but still the same and now all my playlists and albums show as not downloaded, ie I have to be online to listen to my music. Yesterday I switched on (again) every download button at the top of each playlist and waited till everything showed a little green arrow again as downloaded but today, it's all back to the button being off so can't listen to music unless I go online and download again. Kind of beats the purpose of paying premium huh 😩

Hey @leestjames,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

A clean reinstall includes the removal of all downloads from the app, apologies if that caused any confusion.  Could you let us know if you have an SD card on the device you're experiencing this on? If that's the case it's a good idea to remove it, restart the device and perform one more clean reinstall. This way we can determine if the storage location causes this behavior. Make sure to also add Spotify as an exception to all cache clearing and battery optimization apps you might have installed.

We'd also appreciate a couple of screenshots of the playlists in your library before and after the issue occurs. Just make sure to hide any private/ sensitive info.

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away.

Mihail Moderator

Thank you, there is an SD card which I took out and rebooted, cleared data and cache from Spotify and then deleted the app and started again. I have allowed all permissions on it and swept my ph for virus etc so am sending some screenshots and maybe you'll understand what's going on. I went through this whole process yesterday as well so it's really time consuming to go to every playlist and every album and do download again ?

Screenshot_2020-11-04-13-34-42-578_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_2020-11-04-13-24-00-973_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_2020-11-04-13-27-31-641_com.spotify.music.jpg
Marked as solution

Hey @leestjames,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

In this case the best solution will be to head here and contact our support team. The folks there can investigate this further and help you enjoy your favorite jams again.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts