Step 1

NEXT STEP

"!" beside downloaded track

Solved!

"!" beside downloaded track

I bought a bundle of 40 songs which is up today

I have downloaded 39 tracks, so should still have 1 left

BUT

it staes I do not, but I do have one track in my downloaded playlist that has an exclimation mark beside it

what does that mean?

And if I didnt want to download this track how can I delete it?

If I do dlete it would that give me my last choice?

Cheers

gareth

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I can't remove the track from my end, you'll need to navigate to where it's stored on your computer. To see where this is go into your Preferences (edit > Preferences, in Windows) and check under Preferences.

When you've deleted the file, go back to your Downloads page in Spotify then attempt to redownload it. Let me know how you get on.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

yes that seems to have solved it

I hadn't really wanted that track as my last choice (thought I had a couple more) but hey! there you go!

Thanks

G

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Sorry to hear one of your downloads didn't work - have you tried deleting the file and trying again?

If you let me know which track it was I'll look up to see if there's a content error.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

wont let me highlight 'delete' option

the track is by  gorillaz and called revolving doors

can you delete that, giving my last download option please?

I take it you can access my downloads?

g

Marked as solution

I can't remove the track from my end, you'll need to navigate to where it's stored on your computer. To see where this is go into your Preferences (edit > Preferences, in Windows) and check under Preferences.

When you've deleted the file, go back to your Downloads page in Spotify then attempt to redownload it. Let me know how you get on.

Marked as solution

yes that seems to have solved it

I hadn't really wanted that track as my last choice (thought I had a couple more) but hey! there you go!

Thanks

G

I've just changed the topic title of this thread - In case someone else searches for this topic!
Airhorn Enthusiast

Not really a reply to this questions but I didn't know how else to ask. I'm trying to figure out if Spotify allows you to download song to your computer so that you're able to make cds that you can take with you. 

Thanks for any help

Robin

Robin,

Spotify does have a download store, where you can purchase tracks, but these are not available in the US at the moment. Tracks placed on your computer as an offline playlist are stored as a set of encrypted files, and can only be decoded on devices that can run the Spotify application.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I am experiencing exactly the same problem as this person:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Can-t-download-something-I-ve-bough...

and this person:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Bought-tracks-won-t-download-proppe...

Most of the tracks now have a ! by them. Have tried removing them as suggested on this thread, but still not working.

It's really frustrating, and I've spent ages fiddling around trying to fix the problem. I have purchased 7 tracks, but they are refusing to download. I am DJing at a big party this Saturday, and am relying on the spotify service to actually play these tracks. It really sucks that I can't get hold of them.

Some URGENT advice, and a way of amending this problem would be appreciated.

Increasingly disheartened by Spotify- it's not the first problem I've had, and the response has been shoddy.

It's rare that I feel so disgruntled by a service, but Spotify's really getting my goat at the moment.

I hope you will be able to provide some genuine help. Everything seems set up well to take my money, but the return is currently zero.

Harry Walker

I just bought a 40 bundle of 40 downloads and tried to download 8 tracks. Only 4 of these worked. The other 4 gave me error code 904. These ones are now appearing with a red "!" in the download section. In the Spotify folder on my computer, there are files for these songs but they are mp3.part files and will not open. In spotify there is the option to click Download next to these files, but I don't want to do that if it's going to use up another of my 40. I now only have 32 songs left to download, but only have 4 that work. 

What should I do? Should I click download again, or will that cost me another download?

A quick response would be apprecitated since I'm downloading this music for a wedding this week!

@J-Basil wrote:

I just bought a 40 bundle of 40 downloads and tried to download 8 tracks. Only 4 of these worked. The other 4 gave me error code 904. These ones are now appearing with a red "!" in the download section. In the Spotify folder on my computer, there are files for these songs but they are mp3.part files and will not open. In spotify there is the option to click Download next to these files, but I don't want to do that if it's going to use up another of my 40. I now only have 32 songs left to download, but only have 4 that work. 

What should I do? Should I click download again, or will that cost me another download?

A quick response would be apprecitated since I'm downloading this music for a wedding this week!

Are the downloads working now? I had some trouble myself with downloads on saturday, so this was just most likely a temporary server issue.

Yes, in the end I clicked Download next to these files, and it finally downloaded them, and didn't reduce my number of downloads again. Thanks

Suggested posts