Premium

Country

United states

Device

(iPhone 8, amazon echo dot, xbox one)

Operating System

(iOS 13.3, xbox, echo dot)

My Question or Issue

There are 2 playlists that keep showing up in recently listened too that have the song “writing on the wall (featuring post malone, cardi b, rvssian) by french montana multiple times. that is the only song in the playlist. also on christmas day i came back to spotify on my xbox and found a bunch of electronic/pop singles played in my recently listened to. i mostly listen to rock music so this is definitely strange. also all those singles were the artists’ only song and they had only about 30,000 monthly listeners. i have reset my password but the playlists with writing on the wall still show up. also a few times i asked my amazon echo to play a song it switched to a completely different song (once like a german pop playlist and the other to the “writing on the wall” song). im a very private person when it comes to personal accounts so i do not share my account with anyone. i really hope you can help me.

EDIT: thank you to everyone who responded, i took your advice and changed my passwords. strangely enough the solution was to disconnect from my amazon echo. i had disconnected all devices and then a few days later (because i was lazy **bleep**) i added my echo back. for those days without the echo the playlists didn’t move. but once i reconnected to my echo they showed back up. i’ve given up on my echo and hopefully this is back to normal!

AEC01CB6-BA07-48BB-AB46-35169A9811BB.png
C7672EFF-455A-4E5B-AC14-E8EB50A5FEB3.png
84E4887D-E8DD-4B6C-849F-F6D52CB28163.png
2 Replies

Hi there, very sorry to hear that! Unfortunately, this for sure sounds like a hacked account.

Follow these steps:

1. Open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
    2. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

I also strongly suggest you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
    • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
    • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

Hope this helps, let me know if you're still having these issues, or if this solved it!
Happy holidays! 🙂

Hey there @dandanny10,

Thanks for reaching out! 

In addition to @mosohodPeti's helpful tips, here's some advice on how to keep your account safe, so this doesn't happen again. Hope you find these useful.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts