recently played not syncing with my devices

recently played not syncing with my devices

rziii1
Casual Listener

I‘m listening to Spotify on different devices, but if I’m listening to some playlists on one device it doesnt appear later on the other phone as ‚recently played‘

about 4 weeks ago wasnt this a problem- I saw which playlists and songs I’m listening to earlier on an other device 

please fix this! Big Thanks! 

4 Replies

Re: recently played not syncing with my devices

Alfredo
Roadie

Hey @rziii1, welcome to the community!

Right now, the history is saved only on the device you're rocking Spotify with. If you want to sync it to other devices, you'll need to open the app on the devices you use while you're listening.

If the devices show as available to use Spotify Connect, the history will be saved on both devices.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

rziii1
Casual Listener

Thanks for your answer!

but how is it possible that I saw the listening history about an month ago on both devices? 🤔

I share my spotify acc with my girlfriend and I was always able to see which playlists she was listening to. I saw them too when I wasnt connected at the same time via Spotify Connect.

I don‘t get it 

stockdizzle
Regular

I too think this should be the default behavior for a user profile between devices.  Nothing more annoying than being in the groove at home and then having to dig the song back up when you go to your car.  Every other app snycs this way--why do the spotify managers think they should always be ignoring common sense?

Highlighted

stockdizzle
Regular

Just repyling to my own post to update and say I still hate Spotify management haha. 

Also, it would be nice if under the "artist" menu Spotify displayed the artist albums before directing me to the entire song list (forcing me to dig through literally all the songs just to find the album at the bottom of the list and the song on it).

Again, these managers have zero common sense.  

SUGGESTED POSTS