Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

recently played showing music i haven't listened to

recently played showing music i haven't listened to

Recently whiles listening to music on my speakers my music has been stopping randomly, at first i thought it was due to poor connection from my phone being too far from the speakers.Then when i went to check what was happening and try to continue playing the music i saw on my phone that different playlists were playing (i had never seen them or listened to music like that before) and when i would try change the song it wouldn't change the song but it would say check devises after doing this it only showed three devises; my phone,my laptop and the speaker i was listening on. After a few days not using Spotify i went to listen to music when i noticed around 10 unfamiliar playlists and artists in my recently played such as meditation music and rap which i don't listen to, after scrolling through this i found the last thing i had listened to which was before all these new playlists were showing up implying that someone else had been listened to music on my account (over these days no one else had access to the two devices i'm logged into)

Plan

premium

Country

uk

Device

iphone7

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

2 Replies

Hi @ngallagher0201

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you see suspicious activity on your Spotify account, check if any suspicious third-party apps and offline devices are connected to your account. If there are any, please remove the access. 

Then reset the password:

1. Open the password restet form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
    1. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

If after following these steps the issue persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.
You can find the contact form here.

Make sure to always keep your account secure

I hope it helps!

Hi

i had the same issue

i changed my password anw decides to disconnect all devices to mybspotify account

hope it works 🤞🏻

Suggested posts