reset likes etc / taste profile

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

(every)

My Question or Issue

someone was using my account (password was weak), I changed the password, but now I have a lot of unwanted music in my mixtapes, release radar etc. Is there a way to 

8 Replies

Hi there!

Use this link to delete all of your personal data:

https://support.spotify.com/de/contact-spotify-privacy/?_ga=2.152073086.611852679.1582838897-5841762... 

I hope I was able to help.

Paul

Hey, @TauTau_de 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Unfortunately, there is no way to reset your usage data used to formulate suggestions and curation. In your situation, the most recommended is to continue using your account normally, listening to your favorite songs, artists and music genres because Spotify is always learning your taste and preferences. In addition, for the Made for You playlists, you can help Spotify to accurate its suggestions following this tip: 

[video]

As a workaround, if you want, you can start over with a brand-new account. If you opt for this option, you can choose to start over with an empty account or take some (or all) music with you. More information here:

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

unfortunately the "Can I start over..." isn't a link

Edit: Dang, now it is 😉

I edited it already. Now it's working well! Sorry about this misunderstanding 🙂
LuanSpotify Star

still an unpreferable option though... 2nd email adress and everything... what about my paid subscrption? Guess I'll just slowly filter that pop-cream **bleep** out of my preferences. I found a request to spotify to make it an option to "forget" the taste stuff and start over, and they just said "no, not interested". What a **bleep** company.

About your Premium subscription, when you open the new account, you'll be able to get a new Premium subscription, but don't forget to cancel the subscription activated on the current account, in order to avoid double charges. 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Okay, I have one more idea.

Find the artist you don't like.

Press on the three dots at the top right corner.

Press "Don't play".

Done.

(I'm not sure but I guess the algorithm would also stop suggesting songs of the same genre.)

Your Paul

all of that is not helpful, but only commits that spotify sucks from the point of customer satisfaction. Note, I'm writing this as an spotify artist myself

Suggested posts