Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

roku log in issues

Solved!

roku log in issues

hello folks. i'm a little frustrated (a LOT frustrated) with this at the moment. i couldn't find my playlists (because apparently spotify didn't bother to tell anyone it was removing the option on roku, and i had to search high and low before i stumbled upon their notice on the website) so i thought i would log out and log back in.

i'm not sure why it matters to me since i won't be able to access my playlists, but the darn thing won't accept me logging in! i have tried both with my roku credentials and with my facebook account, and both times it tells me the same thing:

"premium account required: spotify premium is required to use spotify on roku" blah blah blah. i AM a premium member. i DID log in with my premium account.

i am so angry right now i want to throw my laptop through my tv screen. can someone help me here, since another thing i'm discovering about roku is that they make it impossible to submit a support ticket?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @earthpsalts1,

Sorry to hear that you feel that way. If you submit the contact form I spent the team over there will be able to help you - they are great! 

You should get a reply within 48 hours, it depends on the volume of support requests.

If you have any more questions, I am happy to help 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/track/5Em4p6DHTRFjfBp66mGzJh

View solution in original post

11 Replies

geeze, i even had to create a new account just for this bulletin board because it wouldn't accept my spotify account. i swear i'm so tempted to drop spotify and take up with someone else.

Hello @earthpsalts1,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with Spotify.

You can contact support two ways, on Twitter (@SpotifyCares), or on this online contact form

However, I may be able to help you.

First of all, lets make sure your account is premium, if you could please login to your account overview (https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/) - does it say your account is premium?

If it does, then I would contact support, using the details I supplied.

If it does not say premium, check the 'Receipt's' tab, do you see when the last payment was made? If that is empty, you may have two accounts.

Please let me know 🙂

yes, it does still show me as being premium, with my next payment being due on 5/14/17. thank you for the link to their customer support form. why is that so hard to find on their website? the only help option i could find was to come here! and i don't use twitter. all these years i didn't realize just how user-unfriendly spotify is. i'm glad i never needed support before.

Marked as solution

Hi @earthpsalts1,

Sorry to hear that you feel that way. If you submit the contact form I spent the team over there will be able to help you - they are great! 

You should get a reply within 48 hours, it depends on the volume of support requests.

If you have any more questions, I am happy to help 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/track/5Em4p6DHTRFjfBp66mGzJh

I am having the same issue.  I have premium and can't log in using Roku at home!  I am ready to end my subscription!  So frustrating!!!

How can you help????

Hello @Ngoebel46

I recommend contacting Support about this issue, you can do this via Twitter (@SpotifyCares) or on the online contact form. They can have a look backstage at this issue.

I am having the same exact issue.  I have a premium account but cannot log into my Dad's Roku.   All is says is that I my account is already in use and it gives me one choice.. Just to log out!  Really?   I should  have this option since I pay monthly for this.

I agree - not sure if the issue is Roku doesn't support Spotify? But my
Roku does have an "icon" for Spotify, so I think it's a spotify problem.

Thanks for the fast reply. Both TVs have a Spotify Icon and I have no
problem logging in at home.
But you could be right. This might be a Roku issue rather than Spotify.

I hope you have figured this out by now but if you haven't I was having the same problem with mine! I deleted the app to redownload in hopes of fixing it and found out that Spotify removed their app from Roku on December 17th! Hopefully they fix it and rerelease soon.

One of the reasons I signed up with Spotify was because they were partnered
with Roku. Then they terminate the agreement and don't let anyone know.
I'm thinking of changing music subscriptions!

Suggested posts