Premium

Country

Estonia

Device

Samsung Galaxy a8

Operating System

Android 8,0

My Question or Issue

Bought a new phone, downloaded the spotify app, share function is not working on it somehow. 

19 Replies

Hey @elqula! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I'm sorry, that the feature isn't working properly.

Please note that Spotify's working into it and an update should be out to fix it soon ^^

Peace

Same for me, Samsung a3 2017 

Same! I click share and it makes the song stop playing and goes to the homepage. On Google Pixel, Android 8.1.0

Same problem. Pixel XL - Running Android Pie.

Same problem on Samsung S8+ annoying because I use this feature a lot

Same issue here.

Galaxy S8

What happens when you try to [Share] a music?

Same issue on Samsung Galaxy S7. Worked fine for a while but just last week noticed the share would stop the song and reload to home. 

I click on share button, and then I can see a screen where I do want to post, like insta or WhatsApp. But no matter what options I will choose, after clicking, the screen is black for a moment (1-2 sec) and getting back to the screen with my songs list😔

Spotify app shutsdown

Same here!

On Xiaomi A1.

Android 8.1.0

Thanks in advance,

Same here for the LG G7. When I try to share something spotify crashes and restarts.

Hey @Vilemo @elqula @sarahm15 @JLMMTZ @ptanasi33!

Be sure to check this ongoing issues thread out for more details about this issue. 🙂

Peace

Reinstalled Spotify with update and Share function is working .Thank you Spotify .

I didn't have to reinstall, I guess there was update over night, but yes it's working now !!! Thanks 😘 

Same here! It's working just fine now.

Thanks a lot!

The app itself crashes and exits to the home screen. There is no error.

It doesn't even get to giving you media sharing options (messenger/whatsapp etc) - it fails as soon as you tap share, regardless of whether it's a song, album, or playlist you try to share.

Hey @JLMMTZ @Vilemo @ptanasi33!

It's nice to hear that the feature is working for you again. ^^

@Codewalrus

Have you tried reinstalling your app? If not here's a step by step tutorial.

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

App reinstall not necessary - latest update has fixed the issue.

Cheers!

Suggested posts