Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

someome hijacking my account?

someome hijacking my account?

Hello all.

I am on spotify premium as part of a family plan. Regularly i get someone playing music via my account on a chrome web player, i.e. my music stops and i see some tracks i never heard of (and dont like) playing for that person. i can take it back but sometime its a continuous back and fourth.

I changed my password and it still happens, so i have no idea how this can be possible?

10 Replies

Hey @maddanio, thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear that you think someone gained access to your Spotify account. I'd recommend checking out this support article for more info and what to do next.

Have a great day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey,

Sorry to be blunt, but I think you didn’t really read my message. I already changed my password, and it still happens.

Hey @maddanio.

No worries, I read your post 🙂

On that support article, if you've already done the steps skip to the last option, which should say 'Contact Us', or 'Get in touch with us'.

Then, you'll be able to connect with Customer Support so they can step in and help.

Thanks!

Billy-JSpotify Star

ok, sorry. i think you cought my frustration there. I had a hard time actually finding that contact thing, and i thought writing here is "get in contact". ah well. thanx

Hey @maddanio.

I hope this gets resolved!

Billy-JSpotify Star

I have the same problem. How can I fix it?

Hey @Valerie-29 .

Please check out the last replies I've posted for futher help.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

I changed the password and it's not working.

Hey @Valerie-29.

Thank you for trying that. Please follow ALL  of the steps in the support article here. If you already did those steps, the last option on that page is to contact support - who can step in and help.

Billy-JSpotify Star

You should probably scan all computers you use spotify on. you can change your password as much as your want but if the source of the problem is a virus then they will keep getting your new password once you change it. 

Suggested posts