Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

someone keeps logging into my account.

Solved!

someone keeps logging into my account.

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Samsung S7 edge / chromebook

My Question or Issue

So someone i don't know keeps logging into my account, i think it's always the same person because the music they listen to is always similar to the music they listened to the last time they were on my account. Of course i logged out on all devices several times and i've changed my password several times too. Luckily they for some reason don't change my password, but the music they listen to is not the kind off music i like at all. So my recommended and stuff just doesn't make sense to me anymore which in some way ruins the spotify experience. I'm pretty sure it's not some of my friends or family because i didn't give my password to anyone. It would be really helpful if someone could give me tips or tell me what to do.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @hetismicha,

thanks for posting in the community !

Please check out this help guide on "taken over" accounts.

If you had already follow the steps, scroll down to the bottom of the page and use it to contact support and have them get a quick look at your account.

It feels like you might need to open a new account and have the Spotify CS merge the two accounts for you as this would assure you'll have a fresh start in case the account had been taken over.

Let me know if you need further help 😃

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @hetismicha,

thanks for posting in the community !

Please check out this help guide on "taken over" accounts.

If you had already follow the steps, scroll down to the bottom of the page and use it to contact support and have them get a quick look at your account.

It feels like you might need to open a new account and have the Spotify CS merge the two accounts for you as this would assure you'll have a fresh start in case the account had been taken over.

Let me know if you need further help 😃

Thanks for the help,

I've tried must of the stuff that was written there except changing my email password so i guess that that was the problem. Thanks for the quick and helpful answer though.

Suggested posts