Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

someone used my account, now all playlists lost

Solved!

someone used my account, now all playlists lost

hi! 

Someone seems to have recently logged into my account.

Not sure if all of this is related, but: 

1. I connected my account to the Sonos speaker of a friend

2. A few days later wierd music was playing already when I opend the mobile app, but it wasn't my friend

3. Now all my playlists are gone. 

I already logged out of all devices. But I would like to recover my playlists. Can anyone help me? 

Thanks, 

Kerstin 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @KERFRO!

Just checking in. Is everything resolved? Are you fully back up and running? 

Huge thanks to @thomaspepper19 for those steps, that's exactly what needed to happen in this case 🙂

If you're still having difficulties, we'd recommend getting in contact with us directly via email, or by tweeting our support handle. We'll be able to help you out further and take a look under the hood.

Thanks, keep us posted,

Jack

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi Kerstin,
To fix the problems with other people using your account:
1. Change your password to a more secure code, with letters, numbers and symbols.
2. Choose the log out everywhere option in your Spotify app settings, this will force the other person to log in again.

To recover your playlists:
1. Log in to your account on spotify.com and go into your account settings.
2. From there, click on the option "Recover Playlists". You can recover any deleted playlists right there.
Jaiden
Screenshot_20170612-223727.png

Thanks a lot!
Marked as solution

Hey @KERFRO!

Just checking in. Is everything resolved? Are you fully back up and running? 

Huge thanks to @thomaspepper19 for those steps, that's exactly what needed to happen in this case 🙂

If you're still having difficulties, we'd recommend getting in contact with us directly via email, or by tweeting our support handle. We'll be able to help you out further and take a look under the hood.

Thanks, keep us posted,

Jack

Suggested posts