Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'song has been paused because you are logged in somewhere else'

Solved!

'song has been paused because you are logged in somewhere else'

Yesterday I kept getting this message saying 'song has been paused because you are logged in somewhere else'

Today my account has changed from Spotify Free to Spotify Premium.

Can anyone tell me how this could have happened? I didn't buy premium so I can only assume my account has been hacked. The only things I have changed are updating Spotify yesterday and connecting to my Facebook account.

Please help! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey,

This may be a case of you leaving yourself logged on to Spotify on another device or computer.

If you continue to get this message, it's probably worth changing your password. Just in case. You can do this from here: https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

EkcoJF - I've now logged out any account that was currently logged in. You should be fine now.
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Ah... Ive been a bit silly. I've just read my emails welcoming me to a 48 hour free Premium Trail. So that sorts that mystery out.

However, it doesn't explain why I was getting the 'you're logged in somewhere else message'

Any help on that?

Marked as solution

Hey,

This may be a case of you leaving yourself logged on to Spotify on another device or computer.

If you continue to get this message, it's probably worth changing your password. Just in case. You can do this from here: https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I get this message but I've never logged in anywhere else or signed up for a trial, I've changed my password and everything but I can't seem to get round this? Help!

Dolmiojoe - I had this on my account a few minutes ago. It's since sorted itself out, but I'm looking into it.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

just checked it again and it works now! panic over cheers for getting back so quick

Hey, this appears to be all sorted now. If it pops up again, please get in touch.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi! I am FREQUENTLY getting this message. Sometimes thrice a day, sometimes less frequently. After the first ten times I changed my password, but I am still experiencing that my music gets paused like this. At first I thought it was my ex-girlfriend using my account, but the password I changed to is impossible for her to figure out. Does that mean the devices connected to my account, have to logout before the password change is recognized by the device?

IF that is the case, is there some way you can force the devices connected to my account to automatically logout or anything of that sort? Because this is starting to get really annoying...

Regards

EkcoJF

Marked as solution

EkcoJF - I've now logged out any account that was currently logged in. You should be fine now.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Thank you! I will get back to you if the problem somehow remains!

Regards

EkcoJF

Got the message again now just a few minutes ago. Apperantly neither changing password nor forced logout worked... Got any alternate solution?

Suggested posts