song playback stops suddenly

• Plan

Premium family

Country

Philippines

Device

Vivo

My Question or Issue

Recently i always experience that songs i am playing suddenly stops then starts to play again after a few seconds...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've noticed several things that help with this. Usually I close spotify across all devices (Sometimes if you've left it open on your laptop it can get a little buggy).

I also make sure to clear my Spotify cache so there is more room for Spotify to pre-load new songs. This setting is located in the Spotify app itself. 

Lastly, I restart my device after closing the app. If these don't work it may be an issue of access to data. Make sure you aren't in a concrete building or anything that would make it harder to get a signal. 

ALSO, using the premium feature of downloading songs is pretty great. It's good to have a playlist to listen to when signal is weak. 

TL;DR (Too long, didn't read)

1. Restart the app

2. Clear Spotify Cache in the app itself

3. Close app across devices

4. Restart Phone

5. Shut Wi-Fi/Data off and turn on again

6. Make sure you're in a place where signal can reach

7. Download a few emergency playlists in case signal is weak

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thank you Jordaniel_42. Your suggested solutions seemed to work.  My playlist have been playing non stop for half an hour now.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

I've noticed several things that help with this. Usually I close spotify across all devices (Sometimes if you've left it open on your laptop it can get a little buggy).

I also make sure to clear my Spotify cache so there is more room for Spotify to pre-load new songs. This setting is located in the Spotify app itself. 

Lastly, I restart my device after closing the app. If these don't work it may be an issue of access to data. Make sure you aren't in a concrete building or anything that would make it harder to get a signal. 

ALSO, using the premium feature of downloading songs is pretty great. It's good to have a playlist to listen to when signal is weak. 

TL;DR (Too long, didn't read)

1. Restart the app

2. Clear Spotify Cache in the app itself

3. Close app across devices

4. Restart Phone

5. Shut Wi-Fi/Data off and turn on again

6. Make sure you're in a place where signal can reach

7. Download a few emergency playlists in case signal is weak

Marked as solution

Thank you Jordaniel_42. Your suggested solutions seemed to work.  My playlist have been playing non stop for half an hour now.

Suggested posts