Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify been hacked?

spotify been hacked?

Someone has gained access to my account. I don't sign in via Facebook so they had to find my username and password from somewhere? I don't use the username and password anywhere else nor have I shared it with anyone. Could Spotify please confirm if there has been a security breach? And if so why are you not being responsible and proactively telling customers so they can change their passwords?

Initially I noticed something wrong yesterday when loads of Spanish albums kept appearing on my list of reverently lrecently played and on Google chrome which I don't use for listening. So I log out of all devices as per the article... However today same thing happens so now I've changed my password so fingers crossed that it resolves it. But clearly proves my credentials have been leaked????

I pay a premium for your services I expect you to keep my details secure!!!

Thankfully my playlists are all intact from what I can tell.

Not happy right now!! Anyone else having issues like this recently?

6 Replies

Would also be interested to hear about this, my account has also been playing random Eastern European music. Contacted spotify to reset all devices & password (which is NOT shared with any other service).

Haven't had songs skipping since (yet) or other random devices showing in the connected devices tab, however my "recently played" section is still filling up with this music???

Playlists also intact. Also to clairfy, it too came up saying "Google Chrome" changing the music an currently listening.

Please shed light on what is going on here.

Regards,

Alex

I would recommend emailing spotify telling them that you are having account issues.

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I contacted Spotify and they said they'd delete all "unauthorized" history in 24 hours. But I still see the history. 

Requested personal data, had no location info in the download. Just songs. I can see the songs myself in my account, I didn't ask for that! I need IPs or location and log in history. They didn't give me that. And it took 24 hours to get the data and formal requests. The hoops to go thru to get list of songs I already have. 

And now i can see lots of Chrome Players and Firefox players on my list of devices again along with android devices.. This platform is a joke i am on the verge of just cancelling my account and going to apple music.

Can anyone reccomend a way for me to migrate out my playlists so i can just try import them elsewhere at all? 

Hello @Maily!

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. I'd recommend reaching out to Spotify again here. They be able to see what's going on with your account now.

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts