Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify charged my money in the future

spotify charged my money in the future

my free trial is supposed to end in Feb.14. Spotify charged my money when it was Feb.13 and my receipt indicated the payment time is Feb.14. I try to call them however I can't even find a number online.

7 Replies

Hey!

I've had a look into your account, it looks as though you've been on the 30 day free Premium trial. I can see the payment was taken just after the 30 days were expired.

If you'd like to get in touch with our payments team to discuss it further, just click on 'About Us' above, then 'Contact Form'. They'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

The same thing has just happened to me! Free trial started the 20th, I cancelled mid-day on the 18th, should have been charged on the 19th,  but was still charged on the 18th!!! What the heck? And the receipt says the 19th, even though it's nowhere near that.

Merblaine - I've had a look into your account and it looks like you were charged after the 30 days expired.

If you would like to discuss it further, please get in touch with our payments team. We can't really share too many details on a public forum, so it's best if we chat via email.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

My card was charged $119.88 last week, and I have no idea why. I had been paying the regular $9.99 a month for several months, but the UNAUTHORIZED charge to my credit card appeared at the same time as my Premium membership mysteriously disappeared. So, basically, Spotify took an extra $110 from me without permission and without explanation, and at the same time, cut off my access to the membership that I was being (over)charged for. My numerous attempts to contact the company have been completely ignored, which seems to be the case with most people around here. 

Sam, please resolve this situation, both with my Premium account apparently being deleted, and your company reaching into my checking account and taking money you have no right to. That is called theft where I come from. 

Also, if Spotify has any intention of becoming a respectable company with a long-term future, some live customer service would be a good start. It is absolutely ridiculous that I have to go into a public forum and air my issue, rather than having a conversation with a company representative.

Erpowers - I understand my colleague, Meredith, has been in touch regarding this. We will try and sort this as soon as possible.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Like some of the members on here, to my dismay money was taken out of my acount 

which a service was not supplied. Simple, put money back in my account and end of discussion

@autoall wrote:

my free trial is supposed to end in Feb.14. Spotify charged my money when it was Feb.13 and my receipt indicated the payment time is Feb.14. I try to call them however I can't even find a number online.

@mcguinnessjoe - Sorry to hear you are having issues. If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be more than happy to get this sorted out for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts