Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify has deleted my playlists

Solved!

spotify has deleted my playlists

Hello,

I had several playlists saved in my account - each were with ideas for wedding music, and have just gone into my account and found they've gone! I haven't changed anything and noone else would have access to my account - the only difference I can see is that my account has somehow synced up with facebook (I can see my profile picture in tne corner) without me wanting it to.

I'd be really grateful if you could help me get these playlists back!

Thanks

Emma

150 Replies

Hello,

Today I was logged out of my Spotify and when trying to log in with credentials it told me they were incorrect or I got error 404 with Facebook log in.

I tried all solutions I found online. Changed my password settings on Facebook, everything. Didn't work. Eventually I reset my password and logged in with my username (kazabeth) and my new password. This worked.

However ALL of my saved music has gone. I have easily over 20 playlists and over 1000 songs that I need back due to my job as a dance teacher.

I have read these forums and it's possible that resetting my password has set up two accounts. I tried logging out and logging back in with Facebook - still getting 404 error.

Can someone please help? I've had Spotify for years and *never once* - ever have I had a problem with it. I don't understand what's went wrong this time.

Thanks,

Caroline

Recently, I logged out of my account after transferring from Spotify Premium.However upon logging back in, all of my playlist we deleted! I am sad due to this instance; Those playlist contribute to my life so much.

This has just happened to me too! I logged in to my Spotify after only a matter of a couple of hours and all of my playlists had somehow disappeared! 

This cant be anything to do with Facebook as I haven’t touched it. My phone was literally in my pocket the whole time. 

Email is leafe22@hotmail.com

appreciate the help!

Sooo I was using my phone all night listing to music and once I got up I didn’t check my phone and got into the car, I went onto Spotify and noticed that it told me to log in. I wasn’t really concerned about it until I looked at my playlist and nothing was there....I’ve been on different websites linking to this issue and they all say the same thing and it doesn’t work I’ve tried. I need my music back ASAP I have playlist on there from good memories and would love that back!

There was one of your Playlists that I absolutely loved, and actually my partner and I fell in love listening to those songs... it was the Ultimate Indie playlist that you guys put together during August/September/October. I followed that playlist and I would always listen to it, but now when I go into it there are totally different songs on the same playlist.

Is there a way that I could get those songs Back on the playlist, or that you could email the list to me so that I can assemble the same playlist again, ¿do you keep record of the playlists you make? 

Please I would really love to have them back! 

Thank you!

@emmajohnston85 wrote:

Hello,

I had several playlists saved in my account - each were with ideas for wedding music, and have just gone into my account and found they've gone! I haven't changed anything and noone else would have access to my account - the only difference I can see is that my account has somehow synced up with facebook (I can see my profile picture in tne corner) without me wanting it to.

I'd be really grateful if you could help me get these playlists back!

Thanks

Emma

I just got a new spotify account. I made two playlists and then had to restart my computer. When I opened my account, both of the playlists were gone. Can anyone help? Thank you so much!

My Spotify playlists keep disappearing and being deleted. And my Spotify suddenly gets 'taken over' somehow and switches to other stations. I have had to 'restore my playlists' 2-3 times now in the past month. It is very odd, almost like it is hacked, but why would someone bother doing that? More likely, it is a glitch in the programming. Any advice?

Lots of my playlists have just vanished... I did not delete them. They are not on a deleted list either and support deny the existence of the playlists. Extremely poor customer service on last contact. Cancelled my premium subscription as a result and I've been a paying customer for many years. 

I logged into my spotify account on my phone and pc and all my playlists were gone except for one. I dont have a facebook account so i dont know why this happened! please help me

Hey @MontiBOO,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Spotify won't remove any of your personal playlists. What is likely is that you're logged in the wrong account.

You can check tis article out for more info on finding a possible second account. 

If you're absolutely sure that this is your primary account, you might want to Log out Everywhere and reset your password to assure that you're the only one who has access to the account. It sometimes happens that we log in on other people's devices and forget.

Keep us posted on how you get on. We're here if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts