Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify has deleted my playlists

Solved!

spotify has deleted my playlists

Hello,

I had several playlists saved in my account - each were with ideas for wedding music, and have just gone into my account and found they've gone! I haven't changed anything and noone else would have access to my account - the only difference I can see is that my account has somehow synced up with facebook (I can see my profile picture in tne corner) without me wanting it to.

I'd be really grateful if you could help me get these playlists back!

Thanks

Emma

150 Replies

Yeah, the same problem occured with my Spotify...all my playlists are completely gone as well as artists I followed...it's like my entire account was erased....any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

@nuhaf13 wrote:

Yeah, the same problem occured with my Spotify...all my playlists are completely gone as well as artists I followed...it's like my entire account was erased....any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

It sounds like you just need to log back into your original Spotify account, be sure you are logging in using your Spotify username and not your email address and that should get you back to your account. There is a help topic about this issue here

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

hi. 

my dad recently got a premium account and i tried to sign in with it onmy phone and the next thing i know, all my playlists have vanished. im getting angry and i really need your help..

pleeeeeaaassseee helppp meee.

lost all my followers and playlists... not liking this.

jaronmiller - If you could contact our customer support team, they'll get it all sorted for you.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I logged onto my account on a new phone and all my playlists and starred songs are gone! I also went to my computer and gone. Also I'm a premium member and it says I am on a trial. Please help!!

Follow the instructions in this post. It sounds like you may have logged in with the incorrect credentials - used a username/password instead of your facebook login or vice-versa.

Um two of my playlists were deleted, too. I just used one of the deleted playlists a day before it was deleted (yesterday).

No payment issues, always logged in with facebook (signed up with facebook, so no other account logins)

The playlists are gone on both my iPhone 4s and computer as well as my boyfriends android.

Ive already emailed customer support or whatever its called on here.... But are there any other suggestions?

It was so freaking random. It really sucks because Ive been compiling one of the deleted playlists for over six months...

The spotify guys can restore the playlists so don't panic. If you received an automated response from Spotify directing you back here, just reply to it to hurry things along.

I'm having the same issue. Its like my playlists never existed, yet i've spent ALOT of time putting them together. It happened once with a bill joel playlist I had, but I wasnt too concerned. Now its all of them, some of them had hundreds of songs on there, and I am not going to go through and find them all again.

Please see this post and fill out the form. We'll help out: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Deleted-a-Playlist/td-p/180006

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

Hi! Saw the form from @Robbie 's post and I have filled it out.  Spotify deleted about 6-7 of my playlists on Friday the 22nd of August 2013, or around that time.  Just waiting to hear back from someone, hoping that I'll get a response and get my playlists back!!

Hello,

I used to have a free account, where I collected all my songs in a playlist called "A1".

This account was made via my facebook account.

Well here's the problem. I got a premium account and linked it to the same facebook account.

I couldn't login to my free account anymore, so I disconnected spotify from my premium account.

Logged back in with facebook... and all my playlist are gone!

Can somebody please help me? 🙂

Thanks in advance!

The easiest way to get this sorted is to use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help. If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

@velschot wrote:

Hello,

I used to have a free account, where I collected all my songs in a playlist called "A1".

This account was made via my facebook account.

Well here's the problem. I got a premium account and linked it to the same facebook account.

I couldn't login to my free account anymore, so I disconnected spotify from my premium account.

Logged back in with facebook... and all my playlist are gone!

Can somebody please help me? 🙂

Thanks in advance!

I LOST EVERYTHING AND I FEEL LIKE IM GONNA CRY. PLEASE HELP FIX THIS!! Spoitfy forced me into signing up with FB and now everything is lost.

I can see my old account but I dont know how to log into it. Its like either facebook or spotify made me get a new account and i have no idea how to sign into my old one. Esp because i signed in with the same user name and or email with both...I AM SO CONFUSED!

Don't worry! Just follow the instructions in Joe's post above and one of our advisors will help get you logged back in to your account 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Dear Spotify Support Team,

I keep having a similar problem. When I logged into Spotify with my Facebook account yesterday, all my playlists were gone as well as my premium account. I do not have a separate Spotify username or account since I always logged in via Facebook. However, there seem to be two accounts because I can still see some of my playlists when I check my follower's profiles (although not all playlist are there...). I am celebrating my birthday tomorrow and I collected the music for it in a Spotify playlist so the issue is pretty urgent...

It would be great if you could get back to me soon. Thanks a lot in advance!

Hey @ninii9 🙂 

If you could drop the customer services team an email using the online contact form they will be able to get this sorted out for you as soon as possible. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Thank you, Peter! I saw that Spotify moderators sometimes directly answered to messages posted here and fixed the problem so I thought maybe they can help in my case as well. That would be great! I wrote to the support team 24 hours ago and replied to the automatic message a few hours ago but haven't heard back from them yet so I am getting a little nervous since there's not much time left until my birthday party. I can't even just make a new playlist because my Premium account has disappeared as well...

Can you post your case number from when you got in touch? 

It will be in the automated email reply you get when you submit the contact form. No promises but I can try and pull some strings for you - since it is your birthday! 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts