Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify has deleted my playlists

Solved!

spotify has deleted my playlists

Hello,

I had several playlists saved in my account - each were with ideas for wedding music, and have just gone into my account and found they've gone! I haven't changed anything and noone else would have access to my account - the only difference I can see is that my account has somehow synced up with facebook (I can see my profile picture in tne corner) without me wanting it to.

I'd be really grateful if you could help me get these playlists back!

Thanks

Emma

150 Replies

That's so nice of you! Thanks a lot, Peter!

My case number is # 00943263. However, I originally sent a German message to Spotify (since that's my mother tongue) so maybe the support team would need to have a look at what I posted here in the community. I also send another mail to the support team in English a few hours ago but didn't get an automatic response mail (I guess because the other case hasn't been closed yet?!) Or I will just reply once more to the automatic response to my German mail and explain my problem in English (edit: I did so a few minutes ago)

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help! 🙂

Hey ninii9!

I've escalated your case to be dealt with straight away.

Keep an eye on your inbox and the team should get this sorted for you 🙂 

Happy Birthday!

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Thanks so much! You're great 🙂

And thanks for the birthday music. Modeselektor songs are even part of the playlist I made for the party 😉

The SAME thing happened to me!  It wouldn't take my original Spotify login since I downloaded the app for my Android phone. Playlists appeared on both PC and Android version up until today, when it forced me to log in with Facebook and my playlists are now gone on both.

@user-removed wrote:

The SAME thing happened to me!  It wouldn't take my original Spotify login since I downloaded the app for my Android phone. Playlists appeared on both PC and Android version up until today, when it forced me to log in with Facebook and my playlists are now gone on both.

Are they not still there if you log out and back in using your Spotify username like before? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The only way it will let me log in is with my Facebook credentials and that takes me to a blank page with no saved playlists. My friend who is following me said my user name changed to a long list of numbers. And the Facebook account I can log into has my user name as another long list of numbers. Neither one can I use to log in.

It sounds like you now have two accounts. I suggest you use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

Thanks Joe. Did that early this morning. Waiting to hear back. Yes, I do have two accounts. The one I can log into has one number and my friend who is following me says I now appear as a number also but different from the one I see in my account as username in the Facebook one.

The customer service staff will fix this. If you haven't heard within 48 hours, post your case number from the automated reply here and I'll chase it up.

Thank you Joe!

Help me plz 😞 i have the same probleme since about a week..

spotify reinstalled on my computer and i couldn't log in.. i always an account connected to facebook.. and now my account is still connected to facebook but my playlists are gone.. seems to me like i have two accounts because i can find my old account through a friend who subscribed to me... but can they both be connected to the same facebook account? How can i get into my original account? 😕

Hellow, I just deleted some playlists could you recover them for me please? Thank you very much and sorry for it

@user-removed - You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to remove that extra account for you, so you can access your original one again. There has appeared to be an issue in the update to the most recent client which created duplicate accounts for a small number of users.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

@davquimaj - Have a read at the official playlist recovery topic for instructions on how to recover your playlist.

Peter

Peter

thanks i just tried that. it was a no-reply though.. hope it helps because i really want my playlists back ..

This also just happened to me, I was listening to my playlist and I accidently closed out my browser went back and its gone.  I signed up using my Facebook account so both the normal login sevion-us (Which was given to me when I used the recover function once before cause for some reason facebook wouldnt log one day) and facebook connect to the same account.  My play artist history and share history is on "both accounts" the exact same so it doesnt seem a duplicate account issue.  I also still have my playlist as a option to add songs too and when I did my playlist name re-appeared but does not load anymore no matter wether I use the facebook login or username login.  Creating a new playlist doesnt work either it doesnt appear at all...

UPDATE:

I downloaded the app and logged in there, playlist re-appeared on browser also.  Strange.

All of my playlists have been deleted as well! Is there a way you can check into my account too?

@EmilySkorstad - Have you tried the steps in this topic

Peter

Peter

How long does it take for the staff to respond back? Also, will I get an email saying they found my playlist? 

@wootalien wrote:

How long does it take for the staff to respond back? Also, will I get an email saying they found my playlist? 

Normally within 24 hours but it can depend on how busy they are. 

If you don't hear anything back within 48 hours, post back here and someone can bang some heads together for you! 

If you got in touch via the contact form you will get an email back, if you filled in the special playlist recovery form then you won't but your playlists should just re-appear.

Peter

Peter

Thanks Peter. This ruined my day 😞 

Suggested posts