Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify has deleted my playlists

Solved!

spotify has deleted my playlists

Hello,

I had several playlists saved in my account - each were with ideas for wedding music, and have just gone into my account and found they've gone! I haven't changed anything and noone else would have access to my account - the only difference I can see is that my account has somehow synced up with facebook (I can see my profile picture in tne corner) without me wanting it to.

I'd be really grateful if you could help me get these playlists back!

Thanks

Emma

150 Replies

I just figured this out on my own. Theres one problem: I don't remember my username. When I logged with my email, I got into my original account (the account with all my songs and playlists on there) and it worked just fine but now it won't let me login wothout logging into another account. Until now I didn't even need to know my username. I made this account a long time ago.

Same thing has happened to me. I noticed my account and a friends were synced together wuth his email ans my fb. Once I logged out off of his, and back into mine, I lost everything! =/

I just updated my spotify today on my iPod and every single one of my playlists are gone. They're all still on my iPhone but I don't know what happened?

@Themarcosaragon Is this an ipod touch?

I downloaded spotify to my new computer and logged in as i normally would to find that all of my playlists, followers, and people i was following had been removed? i have not changed anything. Then, i went on my phone to check my account which i had just used an hour ago, and it had signed me out and then logged itself in with the same account which was now missing all of my playlists?!!!!! i am really not happy with this at all.

It sounds like you might have accidentally created and logged into a duplicate account.

Try following the steps outlined in this post and see if they can get you back into your original account. If not, there is a link in that post to get in touch with the Spotify team directly and they will be able to lend a hand to track down your account.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi. I had several playlists on spotify, and now two of them has been deleted. What do I do to get them back? 

@mcengel - Go here: https://www.spotify.com/account/recover-playlists/

Peter

I need help recovering my playlists as well.  I tried signing in one day using my email instead of facebook and somehow everything has disappeared.  I've reached out via the contact form and Twitter to try to get help but nobody has gotten back to me other than to say read the forum and here's your case number:  #01474586.  I'd really like to recover my music so any tips or help would be appreciated.

Hi @user-removed, 

I can see that you have inadvertently created a second account through Facebook, but don't worry, your original account is still in one piece. Simply log in with your Spotify username and password (and not your Facebook credentials) and you will be reunited with your playlists.

Having trouble remembering your username and/or password? Just get in touch using our online form and one of our advisors will be happy to help. If you receive an autoresponse, just send an email directly in reply and someone will be in touch shortly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Thanks Jaime, for confirming my account is still in tact.  However, when I try to login it keeps reverting to the message that I'm using facebook credentials.  I've tried to reset my password but for some reason its stuck on that.  I only have one email address that I've used with the account so I'm not sure how to correct this.  Any advice?  I contacted support but they just sent the standard "view the community page" email.

Spotify,

I noticed that only one of my playlists is missing from my app today. Can you help me to retrieve it?

Thanks!
Michelle

@drm1tch - You can restore any deleted playlists here:
https://www.spotify.com/account/recover-playlists/

Peter

Hello,

How do you know if you have duplicate accounts? All of a sudden my playlists are gone, but i have only logged in with facebook. I dont know what other log in I would have used..

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Hey, can you recover them here? Is it possible you logged in with your efrey4 username instead of your facebook credentials (email address/facebook password)?

Hi Joe,

I have logged out of Spotify on my Galaxy S4 as well as my laptops. When I log in, I log in with Facebook  (like I have always done), but there are still no playlists, followers, etc.

I have re-installed the app on my phone, still no playlists. 

Is there a way to delete this efrey4 account so that I can only log on through facebook?

@user-removed - If you drop the Spotify support team an email directly using the online contact form they will be able to get you back to your account and playlists. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

My playlists have also gone missing (and so have my followers and following) since it's been linked to my Facebook account. It was already linked but a pop-up message made me link it again and after doing so, all my playlists disappeared. I tried reinstalling Spotify to get them back but that didn't work. I also tried logging in using my username rather than my email but that didn't work either.

Please help. I really need those playlists back.

@user-removed - Get in touch using the link in my post above then reply to the automated email and a member of the team will be able to lend a hand.

Peter

Hey!

Everytime I restart the Spotify iPhone App (iPhone 4, iOS 7.x) all saved Playlists are gone.

Tried to reinstall the App, tried it via the Web-Player but nothing helped.

In addition to this, downloaded songs need to be downloaded again everytime I restart the App. In opposition to the problem with the deleted playlists, the songs are still visible (and just need to be downloaded again), the playlist-part is fully empty.

Please help me 🙂 (I write for the parents of my girlfriend. He registered to try premium for 3 months. I told him just the best about Spotify..)

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

4Motten

Suggested posts