Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify has deleted my playlists

Solved!

spotify has deleted my playlists

Hello,

I had several playlists saved in my account - each were with ideas for wedding music, and have just gone into my account and found they've gone! I haven't changed anything and noone else would have access to my account - the only difference I can see is that my account has somehow synced up with facebook (I can see my profile picture in tne corner) without me wanting it to.

I'd be really grateful if you could help me get these playlists back!

Thanks

Emma

150 Replies

When I wanted to listen to a song, there was no sound. Therefore, I checked other websites and programs, but sound all worked there just not in spotify. Eventually deleted spotify from my computer and reinstalled... now my playlist is gone. What can I do or where can I find it?

Hey @Wilvie 🙂 

Sounds like you have signed into a duplicate account rather than the one which has your playlists on it. 

Its amazingly easy to have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and password and then a completely seperate one using your Facebook details (so your email address and password). Check your details, full instructions are here if you need a hand. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

I've never signed up with facebook, so I am not sure what happened, but I don't have an extra username or password as far as I know.

I know my list was called: 'Wilvie Acoustic' or 'Wilvie Acoustics'.

Can you perhaps find it somehwere?

Kind regards,

Wilvie

Had a quick search but drew a blank I'm afraid, check out the playlist recovery topic for instructions on how to recover your playlist including a form to get the Spotify team to do it for you 😉 

Peter

Peter

I woke up this morning and checked my spotify. Nothing.  Getting worried now lol - I need my playlist 😞

Spoiler

Just do as Peter said in the post before yours.

I did... its a waiting game now. 

I downloaded Spotify onto a new computer and when I logged in all of my playlists were gone. Plus, all my follwers and those I followed were gone too! It was if I was starting Spotify from the beginning. I then went onto the Spotify on my desktop and it showed the same thing, no playlists. I do not know what I had done to have this happen but I am very frustrated.

You almost certainly logged in using a username/password instead of an email address/password (possibly your facebook credentials) or the other way around and created a new account. If you log out and back in with the correct credentials, all your playlists will still be there.

If you still have trouble, use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem.

My playlists were all deleted and it says that I don't have a premium subscription which isn't true... I have it and I'm paying for it every month. I've never had a username, I always synch with my facebook account.

One month ago the system asked me to login again but because I was traveling, it might assumed that I was a new user so it must have created a new account.

Is it possible to have my playlists back and have my subscription active otherwise I would like to cancel it since I'm not using it anyway.

Cheers

Bruno

Hey @user-removed ! Welcome to the community 🙂

Sounds like you might have created a duplicate account at some stage meaning your old premium one is temporarily lost in the system. If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to get that sorted out for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I already have ticket open ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0Vzoso:ref... No one replyied so far.

I guess I'll reply asking for help again.

Cheers

Bruno

@user-removed wrote:

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I already have ticket open ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0Vzoso:ref... No one replyied so far.

I guess I'll reply asking for help again.

Cheers

Bruno

After replying to the automated email directly (don't open a new case by the contact form), if you don't hear anything within 24 hours post your case number here (its different from the ref, its normally in the subject line beside a #) and one of the super users can ask for it to be chased up for you. 

Peter

Peter

Hi, I recently upgraded my account on the 60 day trial. Last night I logged into Spotify through my laptop and it asked me to make a new account through Facebook (this is wrong because the account I was using was already linked through Facebook) and now I'm left with no playlists - I can still see my other account with my old playlist... would it be possible to remove this 'new' account and go back to using my Premium account? 

Can you first try logging out of spotify then back in using the email address you have registered on facebook and your facebook password to see if everything comes back. If you still have problems or want the accounts merged, get intouch with support by using the online contact form and someone at Spotify will help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

I had the same problem/did the same thing but now Spotify wont let me log in using my old non-facebook login! It insists I use my facebook one where all of my playlists are gone and my account has been downgraded to free (Ive had premium for over a year)

@lindsayfield29 wrote:

I had the same problem/did the same thing but now Spotify wont let me log in using my old non-facebook login! It insists I use my facebook one where all of my playlists are gone and my account has been downgraded to free (Ive had premium for over a year)

If you have a non-Facebook login, you should always be able to login using your Spotify username and password (not your email address). Does that not work for you? 

Peter

Peter

thanks peter but no. I have even found the numerical ID that is on one of my premium recietps and tried that. I have also had my username saved on my personal and work computer for over a year and Im not even sure exactly what it is but there are only two possible combinations it could be. I can now log in with two accounts but both are blank and both are linked to my facebook.

and before you send me down that road, I have tried to reset my password but according to spotify none of my three emails (or potential usernames) are linked to an account (one tells me to log in using facebook) 

Ah in that case this definitely sounds like one for the support team. 

Did you get in touch as @Joe posted above? 

Peter

Peter

yes, I sent a contact for last night. all I got back was an automated reply explaing how to log in and log out. I sent an email back even thought it said no reply and have still not heard from anyone.

Suggested posts