Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify keeps saying I need a premium account but I have one.

spotify keeps saying I need a premium account but I have one.

When I try to play a song on my phone, spotify keeps saying I need a premium account, which I have. When I hit the "Get Premium" button and log in, it says I already have a premium account. But still I am unable to use it. Any help, this is how I get through my work day. Thanks.
9 Replies

Hi arnoldg9815  - We're aware some users are having trouble. Please take a look at this thread here.

We'll post any updates there as they come in.

That link didn't work and I am about to cancel my premium account and never use spotify again if this doesn't get fixed soon.

Sorry - fixed! If you haven't tried it already, could do a quick sign out and in for me?

Can you "fix" my account too?  I've uninstalled, reinstalled, tried everything I could find on this forum.  It just keeps saying I need a premium account to listen on my iphone.

That worked. Thanks I was getting really frustrated at not being able to talk to someone about this.

Ok. I've tried the sign out and back in. Still not working.

Now it seems to be redownloading my starred tracks. But I still can't listen to anything on play lists or searched.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

There was some server issues earlier which are still ongoing which are effecting both premium and unlimited account upgrades (apparently the issue has been corrected, so I am guessing it is just server catch up delay), the main topic about it is here (where the staff are posting updates).

I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post once it is fixed!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

And the downloading doesn't move from 0%

Suggested posts