Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

still can't access spotify

still can't access spotify

Ok i removed spotify from facebook...still cant log on..are there still issues on your side?
15 Replies

My user name is d0d00...by the by spotify still recognizes my facebook log in..both give me momentary access then quit.

Hey, welcome to the Community.

Everything looks right on your account to me, though your Facebook is still connected to your profile by the looks of things. Would you like me to disconnect it for you?

And are you currently logging in with your Spotify username or your Facebook details? Try the username only, and maybe give a password reset a try if that doesn't help: https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Reset pw already...reinstalled spotify...cannot log in..I'm accessing on my phone exclusively. there is something amiss.

i don't care about fb just following directions/info found here...since I'm paying for this service i want it to work.

What happens when you try to log in? Is there any kind of error message that might suggest what the problem is?
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

I log in...i get a momentary glimpse that my libary is gone...switches to a blank What's New tab...then i get booted out.

Very strange, is it ok if I go ahead with disconnecting your account from Facebook?

Anything! By the way when i do log on with fb i get 2 notices from them i've done so...a redundancy issue?

Ok done, let me know if it's of any help to you.

No change...give me some hope

Are you able to log in on another device at all? A desktop computer perhaps? I'm not entirely sure what else we could try except for reinstalling the app again (which you really shouldn't have to do).

I've noticed you have quite a large number of playlists on your account, which can cause crashes upon logging in on Android devices but I haven't seen it reported on iPhones before.

Bingo...I'm on android....is there a limit?...no computer...it was stolen along with all my music

Ah sorry, I should have realised sooner. I must have read 'phone' as 'iphone' earlier.

Unfortunately this is a bug we're aware of but haven't been able to fix yet. The current discussion on it is going on over in this thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Bug-Android-app-crashes-on-startup-with-too-many-play...

As I say, hopefully we'll be able to get it sorted in a future release. For now, the workaround is to cut down your playlists into dedicated 'album playlists' as I detail in the thread.

Fingers crossed that the Android devs are able to get this sorted soon.

In fact this "crash" first occured upon adding the last playlist...delete it?

Ok, this might be more complicated than I'd like - I'll send you an email with the details. Should just be a minute.

I'm sorry, that's unacceptable..."around for a year" with no fix? Would you stand for this if you were in my shoes? If wiping my phone or playlists
is the next step I need to have serious talk with someone in authority at Spotify. The crux of your business plan hinges on the smartphone user, and you can't provide service to the majority?

I was told specifically by another Spoty I could recreate my rather large collection of music on Spotify...true or no? If so how can I do this? W/o wiping my phone or playlists (you"ll notice I've only gotten through the B's).

I want to love Spotify, I really do.

Suggested posts