student in the family

Family

Premium

Singapore

Device

sony, huawei

Operating System

Android

Am considering joining premium family. My son is 16, can he? The last time he tried to sign up , but student seems to imply university.  Should I sign up, his account won't be in anyway limited?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes, to be eligible for the student subscription you need to be enrolled in higher education. Your son and daughter should be fine to join the family plan.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there @mhulk

thanks for reaching out to the community !

If i understand correctly, you have a son who's already on Premium Students and you're currently considering upgrading everyone to Premium Family ?

As you can read in the following Premium Students support page here (under the "Get Started" section) it's not possible to combine Premium Student with Premium Family. 

Furthermore, Premium Students is a unique subscription specifically made for students and which requires a certain process for eligibility.

I wouldn't recommend canceling it if your son is already enjoying it.

Just for you to have all the info needed on both plans, you can read more about the Premium Family plan here.

I hope this answer shed some light.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

well, for my case, its a little complicated.

My son hasn't signed up Student Premium cos he isn't eligible, still in secondary school . He did sign up and is using the free access. If I sign up Family Premium, i supposed it isn't a problem for him to accept the invitation.

My daughter however is currently studying in Australia ( we are in Singapore) Am not sure if she has registered herself with Spotify with the Singapore address.  Will it work in this case if she receives and get through the invite when   she's currently  another country at the moment?

Marked as solution

Yes, to be eligible for the student subscription you need to be enrolled in higher education. Your son and daughter should be fine to join the family plan.

Hi @mhulk,

Thanks for reading my reply !

I would like to correct the information provided here by @-Kyan-.

The Premium Family is a plan created and oriented to have family members living in the same country and resign under the same exact address to be able to enjoy a discounted subscription each on their own private account with one paying owner.

It is not recommended to subscribe to the plan and invite members that aren't in that same address and country.

This will cause irregulations and will have the member not living with you moved out of the plan without being able to be re-invited till they valid their address as yours.

Even if the invite goes through successfully, devices are location based and the app will recognize the correct address and will ask for reverification.

You can read all about the Premium Family here and the Premium Student here.

I strongly recommend sticking with the correct steps needed.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Suggested posts