Country

Netherlands

Device

(iPhone11)

Operating System

(iOS13)

My Question or Issue

Hello,
Recently I realized that since I've got Spotify Premium I've been paying the full price instead of the one for students. I was wondering how can I change that and do I get some sort of refund for the previous months? Thank you

2 Replies

Hello @bubbyxoxo,

Glad to have you on the Community! We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

Premium Student is valid for up to 12 months from the date you subscribed. Unless renewed in time, your subscription automatically continues at the standard rate for Premium Individual. You can always check the status of your subscription on your account page, under Your plan.

We will send you an email when your student discount is about to expire, so that you can renew your student status in time. If you haven't received any notification form us, make sure you entered the correct email address on your Spotify account.

While it's not possible to get a refund for your subscription retroactively, you can always get another 12 months of the discounted rate once you reapply for Premium Student so that the discount period is merely postponed until you reactivate it. 

Hope this helps! Let us know if you've any other questions 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Dear Xenia,

Thank you for your reply. I uploaded my student certificate and switched to
Student Plan. Regarding your answer about the question on refund, can I get
some sort of confirmation which later on, when I am done with my studies
can use and still get the discount for the months that I was paying double
the price unnecessarily? Thank you/

Kind regards,
Dina

Suggested posts