Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

switching to a family plan from prenium

Solved!

switching to a family plan from prenium

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,et

My Question or Issue

I will try my best to explain my issue. So I currently have a premiun account that I also let my son use. Therefore the account has my music and his together and of course only one of us can use at a time. I want to switch to the family plan as my wife would like it as well. My question, I want to start fresh because most of the music now is my sons but Im sure he doesnt want to loose his music. So Im basically going from one account ( that me and my son share ) to giving everytone their own account. How does the switch to the family plan affect me and my sons account ( It will be easy for my wife as I understand she will start fresh). I hope I explanined my concerns well. Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @peirocket.

Thanks for your question!

You can also keep using your account. Simply put all of your sons music in one or more playlists and then share these playlists with the account he creates. He can pull all the music out of those playlists and start his own library on his new account. After that you can delete your sons music from your old account. This being done much easier on a computer by the way. As you can drag and drop multilpe songs from and to another playlist.

Remember that all the accounts you combine in a Spotify for Family plan, won't lose any of their saved music or playlists.

We hope it will work. Please let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

From what I know of the best way to keep your music sperate is by creating a separate playlist for him that he can then add towards his account. Of course, you could both start out fresh like your wife is planning on doing. This is from what I currently understand; there may be better solutions. Hope this helps.

Marked as solution

Hey @peirocket.

Thanks for your question!

You can also keep using your account. Simply put all of your sons music in one or more playlists and then share these playlists with the account he creates. He can pull all the music out of those playlists and start his own library on his new account. After that you can delete your sons music from your old account. This being done much easier on a computer by the way. As you can drag and drop multilpe songs from and to another playlist.

Remember that all the accounts you combine in a Spotify for Family plan, won't lose any of their saved music or playlists.

We hope it will work. Please let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts