Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

trouble of payment

trouble of payment

Casual Listener

hi i am medine from turkey. i am an university student and i am using premium. it is normally 14 turkish liras but with my student id i was paying 7 lira it is the cut price that spotify offers to students. but yesterday i have received "you don't have 14 lira to pay spotify acc" message to my phone from my bank. but spotify supposed to take my 7 liras not 14 liras, what should i do? by the way i still didn't load money to my card, because when i load money to my card spotify will automaticly take my 14 liras. what should i dooo help?

2 Replies

Re: trouble of payment

Composer

So according to the Spotify T&Cs for the student discount (https://www.spotify.com/uk/legal/student-discount-terms-and-conditions/)

"Qualifying Students can receive the advertised discounted monthly subscription to the Spotify Premium Service for each month (each a “Discounted Month”) up to a period of twelve (12) consecutive months ("Discount Period"). Qualifying Students are entitled to activate up to a maximum of three (3) additional Discount Periods for themselves by re-submitting their Qualifying Information for re-verification."

After you have been on the discount for twelve months you need to confirm that you are still a student at a qualifying university or education centre. You can do this up to three times.

The T&Cs also state that once you reach the maximum duration your account will automatically be migrated to a full premium account unless cancelled

Re: trouble of payment

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hi @medgumus, thanks for writing!

Besides what @marcaevans said, could you please click on the link bellow and tell us what's your account status? Regular Premium or Premium for Students?

BittencourtRock Star 21
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS