Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

two profile with the same name ( 1 for artist + 1 for person)

Solved!

two profile with the same name ( 1 for artist + 1 for person)

Hi guys,

I have a problem, i have two profiles with the same name

One of the two is for artits, the other is a person profile

While distrokid was loading the one for artist, a our staff member mistakenly created a personal profile for person the the name of a band using the same login and password of the our profile for artist

I would like to delete the person profile that doesn't work ( i don't know why) like the other person profile i have had in the past.

I tried to delete the profile of person, but deleting this it will delete also the other profile for artist

I want to delete the profile for person to focus only on that artist and make people see only that because they currently see two

please help me

grazie

Pie

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed ,

Thanks for reaching out.

It sounds like the profile that your staff member has created is currently the only admin. I'd recommend inviting another account as admin to Spotify for Artists and then remove the wrongly created account's access. 

If you have Admin access to a profile in Spotify for Artists, you can invite as many team members as you like. Bandmates, managers, and other trusted team members can all get involved.

Here's how to invite someone to your Spotify for Artists:

1. Log in to the Spotify for Artists web page.
  2. Open the side menu by clicking the three dots in the top-left.
  3. Click Manage team.
  4. Click INVITE in the top-right.
    • To invite 1 team member, add their name, business email address, role, company, and choose their access level.
    • To invite multiple team members at once, click BULK INVITE in the top-right and follow the steps on the next page.
  5. Click SEND INVITE.
  6. Spotify will send them an email with a few steps to follow, then they’re in!

Note: It’s not possible to add team members on the Spotify for Artists mobile app.

After the account has been removed from Spotify for Artists, you can learn how to close it here.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed ,

Thanks for reaching out.

It sounds like the profile that your staff member has created is currently the only admin. I'd recommend inviting another account as admin to Spotify for Artists and then remove the wrongly created account's access. 

If you have Admin access to a profile in Spotify for Artists, you can invite as many team members as you like. Bandmates, managers, and other trusted team members can all get involved.

Here's how to invite someone to your Spotify for Artists:

1. Log in to the Spotify for Artists web page.
  2. Open the side menu by clicking the three dots in the top-left.
  3. Click Manage team.
  4. Click INVITE in the top-right.
    • To invite 1 team member, add their name, business email address, role, company, and choose their access level.
    • To invite multiple team members at once, click BULK INVITE in the top-right and follow the steps on the next page.
  5. Click SEND INVITE.
  6. Spotify will send them an email with a few steps to follow, then they’re in!

Note: It’s not possible to add team members on the Spotify for Artists mobile app.

After the account has been removed from Spotify for Artists, you can learn how to close it here.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

thanks Maxim!

Suggested posts