Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

unable to cancel free Premium trial

unable to cancel free Premium trial

I absolutely love Spotify and use it on my phone and at work, around the clock.  I did the 30 day trial of Spotify Premium.  I knew I would be charged automatically for the 2nd month, so I let Spotify know 6 days early, that I needed to cancel my subscription.

1st problem: while you can access Spotify all day long without your password, you need a password to cancel your account.  Of course, I have no idea what my Spotify password is.  Spotify tells me it's my facebook password.

2nd problem: I DO know my facebook password because I'm using that all the time and haven't changed it in years.  Strangely enough, this doesn't work for Spotify.  It still tells me my password is incorrect.

3rd problem:  I contacted Spotify Customer Service and told them all of this.  They responded quickly and said they just needed 4 deomographic identifiers to make sure I was me, and they would cancel the service for me.  Ever since I sent that info, I haven't heard a peep from Spotify.  They are MIA.  I have sent several emails with no response.  I got one automated response after I created a second query on the Spotify website, but no quick response like I got at first.

4th problem: Spotify, as far as I can tell, operates this international company without phones.  I can't find a phone number anywhere to get some help with this issue. 

5th problem:  After all this, I was still charged the renewal fee today. 

Any thoughts out there???

Thanks,

Laurie

6 Replies

I am in the middle of the exact same problem.  I even paid for my first month, but have now been unable to cancel.  I know I'm entering the correct credentials in the cancel page, but it won't accept them.  I too received an email asking for my security info and have not heard back, and I too was charged the renewal fee.  If I don't hear back and get my money refunded, I will be seeking legal action through my bank.  I refuse to continue being charged for this service.  I may have considered renewing at a later date prior to this ordeal.  This experience has changed me from a Spotify lover to a Spotify hater!

I have also the same issue. It's reallly a shame. I hate spotifiy too

Amberella - I understand that my colleague has got back to you. Hopefully it should be sorted.

Migrosdata - Have you tried going through an alternate internet browser? Such as Google Chrome or Firefox. If you're still having trouble, please get in touch with Customer Support. Just head to 'About us' above and 'Contact Form'. They'll get it sorted for you as soon as possible.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I'm having this problem too. I wasn't near a phone for the last few days of my trial, "which was unexpected", and i never wanted to be charged a fee after the 30 day trial but since I wasn't near a computer to cancel the subscription, i was charged. Can I please get a refund? I haven't logged in yet since I was charged. This is crap.

Hey! 🙂 

You will need to speak to the customer services team about that, you can send them an email using the online contact form.

The 30 day free trial is the beginning of a rolling subscription, so unless you cancel cancel you automatically get charged.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

im having the same problem but i cant even get to the cancel subscption bar explain to me how because it is not there at all 

Suggested posts