Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

unable to cancel subscription from card

unable to cancel subscription from card

I need help to cancel the subscription from my card.

I bought the gift card but spotify still keep taking the monthly subscription from my card.

When I try to press "cancel subscription" there is a red bar on top it says "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again." I tried like 10 times. The red bar is still coming up and I can't change/cancel my subscription because my gift card subscription is activated. Please help!

123.png

4 Replies

HI @darkangel0502,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for the screenshot. You mention that the 'monthly subscription keeps being taken off of your card'. Can you explain a little more what you mean by this, as it appears you are not due to be charged until the 12/10/18, (as per screenshot).

Also, can you confirm that you have performed all the steps mentioned here:

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/payment_help/how-to-cancel-your-subscription/

Thanks!

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello, 

The thing is I redeemed the gift card like a couple weeks back. But it still said that I haven't pay for the monthly subscription. I haven't cared much until it really takes the money off my card, last week. So technically, it still take my money off from my card while my gift card is still activated and kept saying I haven't done my payment before that. I had no idea what is happening. 

I tried every steps that is relating to change/cancelling credit cards to payments. But I'm stuck to a step after pressing the "Change / Cancel Subscriptions" from the "Accounts" > "Manage Plans". The error sign pops up every time when I try to go the next step of "Change / Cancel Subscriptions". 

And thank you for the kind help 🙂 It's very nice of you! 

Hey @darkangel0502,

You are most welcome! 🙂

Could you take a look here Receipts page, and let me know what it shows?

Also, it could be that you have two accounts. In order for us to check for this lets take a look here: 

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/payment_help/why-am-i-being-charged/

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts