Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

unable to receive my password to set up my sonos

Solved!

unable to receive my password to set up my sonos

i'm trying to set up an account to use with my sonos. its using facebook as a default but i've requested a password but i'm stuck in a loop, i have my user name but everytime i request an email to get my password i get sent back to the begining again, help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So the email just refers you to the same page link to request a device password? Strange.

Couple of things you could try -
* You could try requesting another device password using a different browser.
* If that doesn't work, get in touch with us directly. We might be able to provide you with a link to set up a device password.

To contact us directly, click on "About Us" and then click on Contact Form.
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

27 Replies
Marked as solution

So the email just refers you to the same page link to request a device password? Strange.

Couple of things you could try -
* You could try requesting another device password using a different browser.
* If that doesn't work, get in touch with us directly. We might be able to provide you with a link to set up a device password.

To contact us directly, click on "About Us" and then click on Contact Form.
Airhorn Enthusiast

thanks David, i'bve tried thru FF and IE and its the same loop, i've even changed my facebook password but everytime i log in (thru FB) it end up being asked to request an email and the line sends me back to the same page, i'm tearing my hair out here! i've emailed support with my spotify username hoping they can send me my password so i can talk to my sonos arghhh!

Scrosbie - I'm just emailing you now. Keep an eye on your inbox.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have the similar problems with setting up the Sonos System. I can not register without FACEBOOK and the Facebook username/login does not work....

can anybody help?

BR

schubi99

Hi Schubi99,

In order to use Spotify with a Sonos device a Premium subscription is needed. At the moment you're on a Free account, but you can upgrade easily from your subscription page

Once you've upgrade, just visit our website to retrieve your username and set a device password. For more info please check out this thread

I have the same problem but my device is a ONKYO. When I try to set a device password the e-mail I receive will link to the page to login. Not to set a password. I am stuck. please help me.

Hi i have the same problem !

Hi again, I solved the problem by changing the browser from google chrome  to  explorer

1122743417 - On that login page, just input your Facebook login details, and you'll access the right page.

Pcrohde - That's great to hear.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks. It worked well for me. It was not easy to understand. Smiley Happy

whenever i click send me the link for a device password, it will not send it to my email. ive waited 24 hours for the email, as well as resending it to me. very frustrating, im trying to add my sonos device. help

Hi Joshman360 - Have you tried David's above suggestion of using a different browser to request that password?

The more often you click on that link (in the same browser) the slower the process will be. If you haven't received anything after 48 hours please get in touch via the contact form.

I also have a problem setting up sonos I have a premium account everytime I request an email link to set the passowrd for sonos nothing ever arrives I've been trying for a week, the contact page also doesn't work!

I have tried everything could someone email me to reset the password as I cant contact anyone so frustrating paying for premium and can't use on sonos!

Im having the same problem. did you ever resolve?

andrew

I ordered a password for Spotify to be able to use Sonos. I got the message that the link for the the password has been sent to my email (a week ago). In fact I haven´t got an email. I tried several times. Please help

andrew

@toni1998 wrote:

I ordered a password for Spotify to be able to use Sonos. I got the message that the link for the the password has been sent to my email (a week ago). In fact I haven´t got an email. I tried several times. Please help

andrew

I have left a reply on your other post 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Same problem, I can't seem to recieve the email to get my mobile password...

@Maattiio wrote:

Same problem, I can't seem to recieve the email to get my mobile password...

What mobile device is it you're trying to login on? With almost all mobile devices your Facebook details should work as normal.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I've been having this issue for a couple of weeks as well.

If there's a chance of getting this escalated by posting my case #, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Suggested posts