Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

unable to verify address in family premium

Solved!

unable to verify address in family premium

I incorrectly typed the wrong zip code when spotify asked me to verify my address in an email. Now I am unable to join family premium even when the main account tried to re-invite me on multiple attempts. Whenever I type in the correct address I always get this message "You can't join this Premium for Family account.
We couldn't confirm that you live at the same address as the main account holder."  What do I do? I tried changing my zip code in my personal account but nothing works

171 Replies

No puedo unirme a la invitacion de emrogm

Quiero unirme a la cuenta de emrogm

No puedo unirme a ls cuenta de emrogm

I actually messaged @spotifycares on twitter and they solved the problem right away. Now I'm back on premium.

I have the exact same problem!
I was on the family account for a while and then I got kicked out! Now when i try to rejoin it keep saying account is unable to verify the address even thought everything is right? Can you please help?

Experiencing the same problem too. Would appreciate if someone can email me at justinetanjm@gmail.com. Thank you.

I also facing the same problem, my family member (Iphone user) all cannot verifying the address.  Please help on this, thanks.

same problem here... how to solve it? even i enter my home add also failed.

if cant solve it i will cancel the package. wasting time and money!!

What if they didn't send an e-mail to the account sub-holders? Can you somehow resend that one manually? Many thanks in advance.

Hi, how do you open the chat with the support?  I cannot fix my problem.  thanks

NO PUEDO REALIZAR LA CONFIRMACION DE MI FAMILIA Y LOS MANDA A SPOTIFY FREE, DESPUES TRATO DE VOLVER A ENVIAR LAS INVITACIONES Y NO ME APARECEN LOS CAMPOS ANTERIORES, PARA LLENAR LOS CAMPOS

Hello, I had the same problem.

same problem here please spotify team send help to sdohmen1@gmx.de

one of my family member is kicked out and unable to join due to adress issue.

BTW - there are hundreds of similar posts - why dont you just post a solution?

Hi, my account has the same problem too. Please reply and help.

i have kept trying and trying to verify my address but NOTHING WORKS.

it is the same address and yet it does not confirm the same location.

so many people have the same problem in this thread and yet there is no solution.

main account holder is tracywang89@yahoo.com

my account is hocus_pocus72@hotmail.com

Hey, I have the same problem,can you help me? because i cant invite my family to family premium.
my email : santoso.widjajaa@gmail.com

I have the same problem, could anyone help me?

In the first place upon my registration, Spotify didn't ask for full address, out of sudden after recent update, my family members suddenly received an email from Spotify in foreign language (Malay language) which we don't understand (despite our default language is English), requires family members to verify address, of course we didn't act on it. Then family members were removed from the premium family plan. Even I've try to re-invite numerous time but still cannot due to fail to verify the address. I posted my problem in here & waited for almost a week but no reply or any help from Spotify, instead see more & more users having the same problem. (Very poor support from Spotify)
Finally, after numerous trials & errors, I updated my main account holder's zip code under profile section, then try to create a new account for each removed family members & updated their account's zip code exactly the same as the main account holder (under profile section), re-invite them to join, let them accept invitation, key in street name, street number, zip code, only then they are successfully join back the premium family plan.
But the sad thing is under the new account, old account playlists cannot migrate over, have to construct new playlists all over again.

Hi, Spotify. I've been trying to add my siblings into my Family Premium account for the past few days but when they accept the invitation and enter the exact same home address, Spotify keeps saying that they can't confirm that they live in the same address! I tried changing my payment details in hopes that it would help but now I can't even access the option to remove/add family members. Been in many forums and they all asked to come here for help so please, do help! Regards, Belinda Kaur.

Guys! I found a solution!

So looks like before Spotify kicks one of your family members out, they will send an email to them to verify their address. If the family member does not respond to the email within 7 days, they will be kicked out of the subscription.

The email will most likely be saved in your "Updates" folder. Look for the email, verify your postcode (make sure it's the same postcode as the family premium subscription holder's postcode). After verifying, get the subscription account holder to invite you again and you will be added back into the subscription. 

Hope this helps!

Suggested posts