Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

uncensored songs becoming censored

uncensored songs becoming censored

I haven't really lost playlist music except for playing certain artists that 1 or 2 days ago The words were not censored and today when I go to play say limp biskit for instance the song hot dog, off chocolate starfish album, all of a sudden it's completely censored and when I go to limp biskits page I can't pull up the explicit album anymore.. except for when I go to my recently played list, I can access it from there.. but the limp biscuit page doesn't have access to the explicit album at all anymore, seems pretty ridiculous nothing was censored probably more than 24 hours ago and now all these songs are on limp bikits own page. so my question is do artist just censor certain songs out of the blue or does Spotify do it? or is there an option in the settings from the update?? because I've looked and I have no clue, and I'm very upset.
3 Replies

Hey @brando1

Thanks for your post 🙂

We'll upload the music to Spotify as it is provided to us by the rights holders. Normally both versions of an explicit track will be provided. If you wanted to read more regarding this, check out the link below:

https://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/Content-censor

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I'm here to help 🙂

Godsmack I f****** hate you is listed as explicit. It's however playing the clean version. 

Hey @xenamd!

Thanks for the heads up. Could you send us the URI for the track in question? We'll take a look. Just go to the track > click the three dots > Share > URI. 

Just to confirm, if the track has the profanity fully listed in the title, this is most likely the reason that the track is marked with the explicit banner, despite the audio playing a clean version. Hope this clears things up!

Jack

Suggested posts