Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

upgrading to family!!!!

upgrading to family!!!!

this has been so frustrating. I upgraded to premium so that my daughter can listen to spotify separately on the train on the way to school. Should be easy right? That was over a month ago...still not possible. 

I am an American resident of Singapore. I signed up years back before Spotify was available in S'pore. I was paying with a US credit card so listed US as my country. I can't change that now. I also never had to put a street address all of those years ago. So my daughter can't register under our premium plan because I can't not put a street address in while registering her. 

I've never had such a stupidly painful upgrade. I'll probably just switch over to Apple Music. 

1 Reply

Hey @dadurkin, welcome to the community!

Since you're living in Singapore, to get the Premium for Family plan, you'll first need to cancel the current subscription.

Once the subscription with your USA card is over and the account goes back to Free, you'll need to update the account's country before getting the Family plan here.

This is because all members of the Family plan must live in the same physical address, as stated on the T&Cs. Having your account in the USA, and your daughter's in Singapore, won't allow her to join the plan.

As soon as you send the Family plan invitation to your daughter, you'll be prompted to enter your address.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts