Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

use spotify in china with german spotify account?

use spotify in china with german spotify account?

Is it possible, to use spotify in china with a german spotify account? does the great firewall block this?

11 Replies

It's possible as long as you have subscription. Actually you can use Spotify in any country, the only thing is that you need to have a subscription.

Okay, thank you very much.

I am Permium User.

Hi,

does it work with the facebook login option as well? I'm a premium user too, but when I first signed up for spotify, i used my facebook account. Now I'm a little afraid that it won't work in China.

Best,

Mark

Hi Mark,

I have the same question. Im going to China in 2 weeks and I first sign up on Spotify through my facebook account. How does it work for you?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Fadou.

Hi,

I'll go to China in early November, so no experience on my side yet. Would be great if you could let me know if it works or not.

Best,

Mark

My gf tried to login with my account in china but it never works.

Nope, you need a connection with facebook as well in China. 

There is only one way: VPN for the Log-In

If you logged in once, you can use Spotify as well without VPN in China. I am using Spotify for months in China.

Mine works fine. If you originally logged in through facebook, you can contact the customer service so that they provide you with the nummerical login linked to your account. With that it's no trouble to log in in China without a VPN. Of course the service is influenced by the government's tinkering with the net from time to time, causing laggs etc. but that applies to any service hosted outside China...

If you have a Facebook created account you can actually log in without Facebook with a little set up. You can set a special device password here:

http://www.spotify.com/account/set-device-password/

Then you can log in using that password and your numerical username shown on your account:

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I will be going to China this summer and am also logged in with Facebook but am wondering what ifI make them available offline? Will I still be able to listen on the plane and in China?

Sure, if you didn't lockout, you'll be always be able to use spotify online and offline.

Suggested posts