Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

username changed automatically

username changed automatically

Hello everyone

I have a spotify premium for students  account that was initially connected to my Facebook account. Suddenly one day my profile name and picture that were obviously the same as my Facebook ones, changed automatically to a really bizarre thing with numbers and letters. Something like "32jfskjlsnad7632o7weh" 

The strange thing is that I'm still connected with all my friends and I didn't lose any of my playlists as well. The only thing that has changed is the username.

When I try to check my account the only data that is shown is my gender, the date of birth and the country that I'm currently in.

This thing has been going on for three months now, my card is charged normally and I haven't lost any features.  

Does anyone have the same problem or sth similar?

1 Reply

Hey @eliast19

When you create a Spotify account, Spotify creates a username for you in their system to keep track of your account. Usually instead of displaying this username, Spotify instead shows your display name which is usually your real name. 

Sometimes the app glitches and shows the username instead of your display name.

Can you try logging out of the app, and then log back in? Does that help? Sometimes this happens to me too and doing that usually works to get the app to show my display name again.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts